United States Bakery
US Bakery is an Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/disability/protected veteran status. US Bakery requests priority referrals of Protected Veterans for this job opening, and all other externally posted company employment opportunities. EEO/AA
6253 Date Posted:
2901 6th Avenue South Category:
$26.58 hourly rate
Franz Family Bakeries is a privately owned, independent wholesale bakery operating in the Pacific Northwest Since 1906 with bakeries in the Seattle area. Collectively, we produce a variety of different bakery products including breads, rolls, bagels, donuts, cookies and pastries that are marketed under a wide range of premium labels. We are convinced that our products, which are made with quality ingredients and superior baking processes, are the best in the marketplace.
Franz Family Bakeries is looking for a capable & dependable individual to work as the Fleet Mechanic at our Seattle facility performing inspections, preventative maintenance, diagnosis and repair of all bakery vehicles (route and transport trucks), trailers and converter dollies.
- Perform tractor and route truck preventive maintenance and safety inspections including lubrication, change all vehicle fluids, change-out engine belts, hoses and lights on gas, diesel and propane vehicles.
- Required to change-out water pumps, fuel pumps, alternators, starter, radiators, brakes, exhaust systems, batteries and other equipment/parts associated with the safe operation of all equipment.
- Must be able to reassemble engine components to overhauled engines and reinstall into vehicle.
- Maintain service related records.
- Assist truck or trailer mechanic as requested.
- Perform clean-up of equipment, parts, and work area.
- Support and contribute to maintaining a safe environment, promoting accident prevention, and reporting potential hazards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Class B License
- Mechanics are required to have knowledge of an engine, chassis and body repair.
- Prior experience repairing and maintaining and diagnosing diesel and gasoline powered trucks is required.
- Ability to perform welding.
- Required to provide your own mechanic tools.
- High School education or GED required.
- Good verbal and written communication.
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Must have high attention to detail.
- Independent judgment is often required. Some direct guidance is received from Manager and/or from established procedures or instructions. An impact of errors would result in significant cost in time or money.
- Frequent internal contact with people and management takes place.
- Personal tool inventory list is required by United States Bakery.
- Must be able to use various hand and power tools, cherry picker, jacks, creepers, ladders and general truck mechanic tools/equipment.
- All PPE will be provided by United States Bakery.
- Must join union within 30 days of employment.
BENEFITS: Benefits provided in accordance with Union Contract.