Aesculap Inc.Requisition ID
Aesculap Inc# of Openings
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.Site
Aesculap, Inc., a B. Braun company, is part of a 180-year-old global organization focused on meeting the needs of an ever-changing healthcare community. Through close collaboration with its customers, Aesculap provides advanced technologies for general surgery, neurosurgery and closure technologies. Aesculap continues a proud heritage of leadership and responsiveness as we strive to deliver products and services that improve the quality of patients' lives.Responsibilities Position Summary:
The Regional Manager, Healthcare Policy & Market Access is responsible for the execution of reimbursement strategies/tactics in support of market access for Aesculap's products. The Regional Manager is accountable for developing, executing, and implementing reimbursement strategies and tactics designed to overcome coverage barriers for Aesculap's products. The position requires strong leadership in the area of strategic and tactical reimbursement field support, as well as strong relations with third-party payers.Responsibilities: Essential Duties
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Increase patient access to Aesculap products
- Provide direct support and education to the sales team and to surgeons/surgeon offices
- Develop outstanding external relationships with customers
- Develop and implement pull-through plans for coverage
- Assist in the delivery of a continuing education programs for case managers
- Assist in the development of strategies and tools for coverage and reimbursement
- Cultivate and manage relationships with key contacts at third-party payers (medical directors, policy analysts, case managers, etc.)
- Leverage opportunities to communicate with and educate payers at all levels
- Must comply with applicable ISO and FDA regulations as stated in Quality Manual
- Must embody the Company's Vision, Mission and Values
- Other duties may be assigned
- Must be able to travel 65% and work occasional weekends
- Requires excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Must have reasonable computer skills
- Uses professional concepts in accordance with company objectives to help solve problems in creative and effective ways, complete projects as assigned and achieve goals
- Works well with limited supervision
- Contribute to creating a climate of trust, ethics, and accountability by effectively seeking out and accepting feedback from others.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Qualifications Expertise: Qualifications-Experience/Training/Education/EtcRequired:
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- BA/BS required
- 5-7 years in industry related field required
- Previous success influencing coverage decisions in healthcare
- Experience presenting healthcare economic outcomes research data and recommendations to Payer's executive management
- Working acumen on market access
- Working acumen of U.S. healthcare systems including expertise in health care financing, reimbursement policies related to the device industry, and technology assessment
- Working acumen of coding conventions for multiple settings of care including hospital inpatient, outpatients and physicians
- Effectively manage multiple objectives across different projects
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled.
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.Other Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.Physical Demands:
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Work Environment:
- This position could require the handling of instruments that may or may not have been contaminated by blood or other body fluids.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.