Clow ValveRequisition ID
Day shift (and as needed)Position Type
The Manufacturing Engineer supports the production of high quality customer focused product thru process and product expertise and implements innovative improvements that position Clow as a world leader of water works products. 1. Sustainability:
2. Customer Experience:
- 2 Cost reduction projects per year
- 5 New quality/process improvements per year
Production concerns addressed 80% of the time within requested date3. Leadership:
Score of 4/5 on 360 review
- Production Support (50%): Create and cultivate relationships within the organization among all facets and assist Supervisors in the discovery process of manufacturing root cause analysis and data compilation. Be the solution creator and implementer of manufacturing improvements to increase customer satisfaction. Coordinate and effectively communicate with Supervisors, Managers, and other stakeholders the manufacturing issues and collaborate with others to develop and implement solutions to the shop floor. Create and maintain Clow specific product documentation and visual based production build instructions to ensure production of high quality water products.
- Product and Manufacturing Improvements (40%): Manage, plan, and design output items and lead/assist the procurement or design of custom production equipment as needed. Work with engineering team to recognize process improvement opportunities and create a plan that leads to a workable project. Actively research new technologies to enhance overall customer experience. Foster relationships with production workers on the shop floor, gather their point of reference for investigation and analysis of problems and enroll them in creating solutions to generate a more sustainable and harmonious work environment.
- Administration (10%): Manage project financials and compile monthly, quarterly, and annual reports to share with management as needed. Provide a clean space for an exceptional interdepartmental experience and ease of project delivery through attention to detail and astute management of projects. Diligently review calendars and follow up on all projects to ensure they are on track while negotiating new deadlines when needed.
- Knowledge of Manufacturing Methods and Processes, CNC Machining and Shop tools, Foundry Methods and Processes, Fixture and Gage Design.
- B.S. in (Engineering/ Engineering Technology) with 0-3 years of experience or:
- Associates degree in (Engineering/Engineering Technology) with 3-5 years of experience
- Highly preferred candidate would have a BS in engineering with 5+ years of manufacturing experience.
- Knowledge with SolidWorks and MS office program packages preferred.
- Experience using precision measuring devices such as calipers, micrometers, CMM, 3D scanning equipment are desirable.
- Working knowledge of hydraulics and electric controls.
McWane is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all employment practices. McWane will not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran or service member status, marital status, citizenship status (In IL - sex, including same sex, ancestry, order of protection status, physical or mental disability, military status, pregnancy, unfavorable discharge status, genetic information), (In IA - gender identity), (In CA - gender identity or expression, and genetic information) or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. If you would like more information on your EEO rights under the law please click here