Samsung Semiconductor, Inc.
Facilities & Operations • San Jose, California
Associate Manager, Global Operations- CSO, Samsung US
Samsung US, CSO organization is looking for an associate manager of Global Operations Planning. CSO is a new Global Business Development Organization which consists of CEO and Executive Staffs, New Business Development, M&A and other support teams.The candidate will focus on planning & driving communications and operations planning for CEO and the New Business Development, M&A, Investment Managements teams.
Global Operations will help support a range of multi-disciplinary operating rhythms and transformation initiatives to help shape, implement, and manage the CSO operating plan and strategy. Operating Planning include development of strategic plans and progress against them, team composition/ evaluation, and team engagement/culture. The role requires a high degree of relationship management internal and external to the Technology & Innovation team. Stakeholders include executives across the organization, Corporate Development, Business Development, Public Relations/Communications, Finance, HR and many others.
The candidate will play an important role of directing an organization's strategic and long-range goals to US team's project & operations goals and conducting organizational reviews to identify strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and to align overall operational goals and to promote effectiveness.
Background / Experience:
- Strategic Planning
- Work with US-based CSO groups to ensure that the support provided by the planning function are properly and efficiently serving the overall organization's planning alignments with Korea teams.
- Develop and facilitate operations planning mechanisms to support senior leadership and Korea wide groups in strategic planning projects.
- Direct and manage activities of CSO strategic planning function, such as development and recommending budgets, analysis & planning and long-range plans to finance management
- Collaborate with other management departments to develop and implement planning measurement standards and operational indicators and providing regular report to leadership on status of strategic planning and strategic initiatives.
- Conducts weekly reports to capture activities, new initiatives, business/operations status.
- Analyze and interpret a variety of information, identifies trends and make recommendations as required
- Operations Management
- Support CSO teams to execute the business, financial, and project goals of each assigned project. Help track project plans, and act as the liaison for the CSO teams and to Korea teams.
- Work with each team on tasks, analysis, and projects and prepare project status updates.
- Perform analysis to support management efforts to improve team performance and operational efficiency
Necessary Skills / Attributes:
- A/B.S in Business Operations, or related business/technology field.
- 3+ years of industry experience in strategic planning, project management, research operations or related work.
- Fluency in Korean (Reading, writing, and speaking) is highly preferred.
- Exhibit strong vision and motivation, along with excellent interpersonal and presentation skills and attention to detail.
- Have demonstrated the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams, including coordinating across organizational boundaries and geographies.
- Exhibit leadership skills and high ethical standards.
- Approximately 5-10% travel will be required to initiate and maintain relationships between US and Korea teams