Bring your passion, expertise, and experience to IBTS, where we appreciate and are committed to our employees. We offer outstanding benefits, growth opportunities and work hard to maintain a culture that values our employees.
The Institute for Building Technology and Safety (IBTS) is a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization that was established to provide unbiased professional building code compliance services, while enhancing the communities in which we work. At IBTS, our mission is to deliver quality services to meet the challenges of governance at all levels while enhancing public safety, economic development, and the general welfare of the community. Our services include Building and Community Development, Energy and Sustainability Services, Disaster Planning and Recovery, Quality Assurance, as well as Compliance and Risk Monitoring.
IBTS is headquartered in Ashburn, VA, with additional offices in Louisiana, Missouri, New York, Oklahoma, Texas and Washington, DC.
We are committed to building a community of experts with diverse backgrounds, disciplines, and perspectives who are passionate about our mission. IBTS is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. S3 Residence, disability, and veterans encouraged to apply.
Explore the opportunities!
The Institute for Building Technology and Safety (IBTS) team is looking for a UI Developer to work within a diverse technical and business team. This position will be located at Ashburn, VA and will be reporting in to the Technology Services (TS) division. The UI Developer will work in partnership with different stakeholders, such as Marketing, Development, and Business Analysts, to create the top level layer of web applications.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with the Marketing, Development and Business Units to understand business and customer requirements for new systems and system enhancements
- Work collaboratively with the Business Analyst to understand business and system requirements
- Work collaboratively with the Development team to provide accurate user interface
- Learn and understand the current applications within the TS organization
- Optimize web pages to be responsive and user friendly
- Create and maintain team style guides
- Solve complex problems and learn from mistakes
- Articulate your thoughts and opinions effectively
- Learn new technologies and apply new skills to your work
- Openly share knowledge and learn from others
- Must be self-motivated and a self-starter
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Engineering, and 5+ years of progressively responsible relevant work experience in developing web pages for enterprise applications
- Excellent customer focus, attitude, and excellent interpersonal skills
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be self-motivated and a self-starter
- Must be a US citizen
Required skills, knowledge, and demonstrated success:
- Experience creating the user interface layer for web applications
- Ability to analyze business requirements and create reusable components and services to meet them
- Experience with Angular.js (Angular 2 or greater)
- Experience with HTML5
- Experience with SASS, CSS3 and Responsive/Mobile First design principles
- Experience with Web services/REST API's
- Experience creating JSON/XML data structures in collaboration with Database Engineers
- Experience with creating and maintaining build scripts using tools like Gulp, Grunt, or NPM
- Experience deploying code to testing and production environments
- Experience with identifying and using 3rd party libraries and package managers such as NPM
- Knowledge of web page performance techniques and use of file bundlers such as Webpack
- Extensive working knowledge and experience with MS Office suite tools (Power Point, Excel, Word, Outlook, Visio)
- Experience in designing web interface supporting cross browsers
- Experience in designing web interface supporting mobile devices
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop or any branding tools
- Ambitious and motivated with the desire to succeed; high positive-energy team member
Additional (Nice to Have) Experience:
- Knowledge of SharePoint 2013
- Knowledge of JIRA for trouble ticketing
- Knowledge of Agile and Waterfall development methodologies