B. Braun Medical Inc.Requisition ID
B. Braun Medical Inc# of Openings
With a nationwide sales team and several manufacturing locations, B. Braun Medical has become a leading full-line supplier of healthcare products and services in the U.S. The company is committed to delivering innovative products and services with unmatched quality, superior technology, and cost-effectiveness, while maintaining environmental responsibility. Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. B. Braun employs over 4,500 people in the USA. B. Braun Medical Inc. began its operations in the USA in 1957. Initially, the company manufactured and sold disposable plastic syringes. During the 1980s and early 1990s, the company undertook several expansions and enlarged its product line of disposable medical devices. With the acquisition of McGaw, Inc. in 1997, including Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc. (CAPS®), B. Braun dramatically broadened its product lines and services to U.S. customers.
U.S. Facilities and Operations:
Supporting product sales are a network of nationwide marketing and manufacturing locations. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is home to the U.S. Corporate Headquarters along with the marketing offices of the Hospital, Outpatient Markets (OPM), Renal Therapies, Vascular Interventional, International, and OEM Divisions. Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.(CAPS®) is also managed from this location. The nearby Allentown, Pennsylvania, facility manufactures Needle-free products, IV Safety Catheters, Anesthesia Systems, Introducers, Pharmacy Admixture products. Vascular products including Right Heart Catheters and Interventional Accessories are also manufactured in Allentown. The Irvine, California facility produces IV Solutions, Basic and Specialty Nutrition, Drug Delivery, and BTC products. Infusion Pump Systems are manufactured in Carrollton, Texas and IV administration and IV and Irrigation sets are produced in the Dominican Republic.Responsibilities Position Summary:
Monitors material in order to maintain efficient flow of production in filling. Assist the production operations with breaks and lunch coverage and other operations as needed. (Attend FFS machine, perform minor troubleshooting, provide assistance in preventive maintenance, enter data into EBR, and perform machine setup and machine cleaning.) Responsibilities: Essential Duties
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Assist in the production operation as needed
- Cover machines for breaks and lunches for F/F/S Operators
- Cover machines for F/F/S Operators as needed
- Ensure manufacturing equipment has necessary supplies and materials for filling operation. (i.e. saddles, film, foils, etc)
- Perform basic adjustments, setups, production, changeovers and cleaning of FFS machine.
- Keep equipment clean and clear blockages to keep machine running.
- Perform material handling functions related to the operation as needed.
- Notify supervisor of any problems.
- Work in other areas as needed.
- Maintain work area in a clean and orderly condition. Adhere to all safety and good housekeeping regulations.
- Enter all Filling information into the EBR system.
- Maintain and record machine downtime.
- Comply with all departmental and company policies/procedures.
- Measure, inspect and document information related to production batch records.
- Perform necessary quality checks relative to this operation.
Qualifications Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/EtcRequired:
- Familiarity of EXCEL Filling, Overwrap and Packing.
- Ability to read, write and understand job language in English.
- Ability to carry out simple, specific verbal instructions and/or read simple signs, gauges or meters.
- Able to react quickly to malfunctions.
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- Able to use tools to troubleshoot machinery.
- High school education or equivalent.
- Successful passing of the SAT level II test.
- Up to and including 4 week on-the-job training.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.Other Responsibilities: Other Duties:
- Perform related duties in other areas as needed.
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.Physical Demands:
- Moderate effort. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Work Environment:
- Work in a clean, controlled environment.
- Work in a factory; exposed to moderate noise, heat and humidity.
- Exposure to moving machinery.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.