Resource Management Concepts, Inc.
RMC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply for RMC job vacancies. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Location Charleston, SC
Requisition # SC-CH-LH-17:001
Division Information Technology
Resource Management Concepts, Inc. (RMC) provides high-quality, professional services to government and commercial sectors. Our mission is to deliver exceptional management and technology solutions supporting the protection and preservation of the people and environment of the United States of America.
RMC is hiring a full-time Linux/Unix Engineer to support IT and software support requirements in Charleston, SC. The selected candidate will provide support involving the following:
- Solaris and Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Access Control List (ACL) management
- Backup policies/jobs/management
- VMware Vcenter (VM) (installation, management, testing, and troubleshooting)
- Account management in a centralized Network Information Services (NIS) environment, software/hardware installation/testing/troubleshooting, antivirus maintenance, etc.
- Familiarity with other Linux distributions and Silicon Graphics Interface (SGI)
- Project management skills and specialized experience with relational database design and best practices desired
- Experience with Oracle tools (i.e., databases, Web Logic, Fusion middle-ware, and business intelligence products)
It is preferred that the selected applicant have experience supporting DoD and/or military contract requirements. The selected applicant must be able to work independently and in a group setting. The selected applicant may be required to provide support after hours and on weekends. The selected applicant may be required to lift 25 pounds independently on a regular basis. Some travel within the United States may be required on an as needed basis.
A bachelor's degree in a relevant IT field, or significant technical training, is preferred. Three (3) years of related professional experience is desired. A Security+ Certification is required, as well as a certification in either Juniper networking, Cisco networking, or VMware.
Security Clearance: The ability to obtain and maintain an active DoD Secret security clearance is required. Applicant selected may be subject to a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.