EDG Inc.Designer-Bulk Material Handling - (1020)Job Title
Designer-Bulk Material HandlingDate Opened
Columbus, OHCareer Level
The Designer is responsible for equipment selection, layouts and integration into total project systems required for industrial and bulk material handling facilities. This includes collecting data and running specialty programs for conveyors and dust collection systems and applying outputs from these programs within the facility design framework. The Designer is expected to possess knowledge and skills to utilize CADD in 2D and 3D with thorough understanding of core CADD software user fundamentals. The Designer is engaged from proposal/scope development of the mechanical requirements through final engineering.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Execute facility level projects using 3D CADD software as a project design "hub" from which most of the 2D drawings/deliverables were extracted electronically; working from both written and verbal instruction;
• Discover and understand job requirements, visualize in three dimensions (3D), interpret customer job specific requirements;
• Read, interpret, and apply standards, customer specifications, and standard drawing formats;
• Perform design calculations, interpret graphs, access and obtain information from tables and codebooks;
• Deliver a quality design product in the allotted time to support customer project needs;
• Adopt and adhere to Company and/or customer CADD standards while providing support to others in adhering to applicable standards;
• Determine the correctness of inputs received, question inconsistencies, and apparent errors and ommissions;
• Access and efficiently utilize information contained in technical manuals, vendor and customer drawings, and previous designs;
• Responsible for performing activities both a member of a design team and as an individual contributor
• Responsible for checking and reviewing own work as well as the work of others;
• Perform work activities that affect the quality of engineering and design in accordance with company's and customer's health, environmental, safety and quality control procedures;
• Mentor and provide technical supervision to drafters;
• Assist in documenting engineering inputs and time and materials estimates;
• Support proposal development through assisting in scope definition;
• Perform the necessary field work to obtain accurate information for the design;
• Attend out of office and in office project meetings;
• In some instances interface directly with Clients;
• Additional duties as assigned. Job Requirements QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• High school diploma or the equivalent required with Associates Degree in Computer Aided Drafting and Design preferred;
• Five (5) years' experience within an engineering office or construction field office utilizing CAD with related design and construction activities.
• Proven track record in successfully executing facility level projects using 3D CADD software as a project design "hub" from which most of the 2D drawings/deliverables were extracted electronically demonstrated in prior work history;
• Experience in directing the work of drafters or other engineering support staff;
• Ability to utilize applicable engineering/drafting softwares;
• Ability to work on multiple project assignments with competing priorities;
• Ability to work effectively from both written a and verbal instructions;
• Ability to exhibit mastery of discipline design and drawing conventions;
• Ability to work effectively as both a design team member and an individual contributor;
• Ability to effectively review and check own work as well as the work of others;
• Willingness to adopt and adhere to Company and/or customer CADD standards and promote adherence with others;
• Strong written and verbal communications skills;
• Knowledge and ability to work with MS Office Suite of products (Word, Excel);
• Knowledge of drafting standards, mathematics, science, and engineering technology;
• Ability to interact effectively with staff at all levels;
• Availability and ability to work overtime, travel (possible multi-day trips) including to work locations that may be industrial on an as needed based on project.
• Interaction with other team members, as well as supervisors and client personnel.
• May be required to travel out of town on a periodic basis to obtain project field data or attend project meetings.
• Field duties may require outdoor work in a plant, facility or terminal environment.
• Must be able to wear safety equipment as required by the safety department for personal protection.
• May be at more than one job site in a day and must be able to tolerate climate changes.
• Must be able to lift and carry 20 pounds.
• Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits employee to communicate effectively.
• Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Sufficient vision or other powers of observation, with or without reasonable accommodations, which permits employee to conduct analysis and investigations.
• Sufficient manual dexterity with or without reasonable accommodation, which permit the employee to perform routine office duties.
• Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodations to perform office duties and travel when necessary to off-site locations.
This job description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty required of the position given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of management to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The listing of duties and responsibilities shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of similar kind or level of difficulty.
Drug Free Workplace:
EDG Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to a drug free workplace.Applicants are subject to both pre-employment hair and urine drug screens.Post-hire, employees are subject to random, periodic, post-accident, and reasonable suspicion drug testing which may include both hair and urine drug screens. In addition to the requirements of EDG's drug free workplace program, employees may be required to sign, acknowledge and comply with drug free workplace policies or programs required by clients.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.