Job FamilyFinanceJob Brief
The Premium Billing Analyst is responsible for client invoicing, maintaining void and refund information on the client fund statement and all financial reporting for client. 3 or more years experience required
Non-ExemptABOUT THE POSITION
We are currently seeking a dynamic Premium Billing Analyst II
to join our team at our office in Norfolk, VA. The Premium Billing Analyst is responsible for client invoicing, maintaining void and refund information on the client fund statement and all financial reporting for client. Responsible for completing all customer service inquiries to include processing of stop payments. Assist with all 1099 research and reconciliation. This position must strictly adhere to HIPAA regulations pertaining to all financial and PHI disclosures. The PBA II position requires a level of security that includes live checks storage, MICR and software protection.Position Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all associated duties for assigned clients to include invoicing, reconciling fund statements, and processing special reporting as required.All special reports must be validated against the check register and any discrepancies must be investigated and resolved prior to finalizing the invoice within the contractual time frame.All invoicing correspondence must strictly adhere to HIPAA regulations pertaining to both financial and PHI disclosures.
- Monitors assigned clients funding patterns according to the established guidelines in the finance policies and procedures.PBA II is responsible for initiating all necessary actions for clients who fall outside the established guidelines.
- Reviews all received voids and refunds and validates for processing.Once validated, prepares voids and refunds, creates the spreadsheet, loggings, copying and using an Excel macro, generating the forms to be sent to the appropriate claims department.Manages receipt of completed void and refund forms from the claims service center, finalizes the voids and refunds within the CAS system and forwards all supporting documentation to the accounting department.Tracks all voids and refunds by date and reports all overdue voids and refunds.
- Examines customer service inquiries, investigating as necessary to perform check traces, stop payments and regeneration of financial documents within guidelines established in the finance policies and procedures.
- Contacts providers regarding 1099 inquires, researches issues and processes reconciliation reports as warranted.Verifies names and TINs match IRS records.
- Troubleshoots inter-departmental requests regarding issues associate with the assigned clients.
- Supports the Premium Billing Analyst I.
: Some college preferredLicensure:
n/aRelevant Work Experience
: Three (3) years of office experience in the medical field preferred, including medical billing or accounting software. Three (3) years Excel experience required.Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Basic computer skills required, including Excel and Office
- Must possess good written, communication and organizational skills
- Must be able to operate a calculator
- Must be able to multitask in a fast paced environment
Click below on "Apply for this Position"
to create a profile and apply for the position
Beacon Health Options is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer as well as a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Work Environment. EOE/AA/M/F/Veterans/Disabled
AAP Reporting Location:VA - Norfolk
ID (Req #):53772
FTE Status:Full Time
Schedule:8:00 - 5:00