B. Braun Medical Inc.Requisition ID
B. Braun Medical Inc# of Openings
With a nationwide sales team and several manufacturing locations, B. Braun Medical has become a leading full-line supplier of healthcare products and services in the U.S. The company is committed to delivering innovative products and services with unmatched quality, superior technology, and cost-effectiveness, while maintaining environmental responsibility. Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. B. Braun employs over 4,500 people in the USA. B. Braun Medical Inc. began its operations in the USA in 1957. Initially, the company manufactured and sold disposable plastic syringes. During the 1980s and early 1990s, the company undertook several expansions and enlarged its product line of disposable medical devices. With the acquisition of McGaw, Inc. in 1997, including Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc. (CAPS®), B. Braun dramatically broadened its product lines and services to U.S. customers.
U.S. Facilities and Operations:
Supporting product sales are a network of nationwide marketing and manufacturing locations. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is home to the U.S. Corporate Headquarters along with the marketing offices of the Hospital, Outpatient Markets (OPM), Renal Therapies, Vascular Interventional, International, and OEM Divisions. Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.(CAPS®) is also managed from this location. The nearby Allentown, Pennsylvania, facility manufactures Needle-free products, IV Safety Catheters, Anesthesia Systems, Introducers, Pharmacy Admixture products. Vascular products including Right Heart Catheters and Interventional Accessories are also manufactured in Allentown. The Irvine, California facility produces IV Solutions, Basic and Specialty Nutrition, Drug Delivery, and BTC products. Infusion Pump Systems are manufactured in Carrollton, Texas and IV administration and IV and Irrigation sets are produced in the Dominican Republic.Responsibilities Position Summary:
Works under the direction of the Supervisor/Lead Processing Technician/Setup Technician. Using specific methods, inspects plastic molded parts for visual dimensional defects; performs light to medium packaging and product handling functions. Completes documents required to release parts. Performs cleanup of equipment and facilities in the Injection Mold production areas. Attends injection molding machine and subassembly equipment. Does minor trouble-shooting not requiring a maintenance mechanic or process technician (i.e. Lead Processing Technician, Setup Technician, Process Technician).Responsibilities: Essential Duties
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Using gauges and measurement instruments, performs hourly inspection of parts for dimensional and visual defects, and completes the production check sheets with the inspection results.
- Properly removes and disposes of rejects and packs good units into plastic bags. Counts parts by weight count method to ensure proper number of units per bulk bag.
- Affixes identification labels to each bag/box, making sure proper sequencing is maintained. Stacks bags into Kanban carts or places boxes on pallets.
- In the course of performing duties, observes the operation of machines, notifying the Lead Process Tech of any malfunction or deviation in processing acceptable units.
- Performs adjustments not requiring a maintenance mechanic or a technician. If a part or runner is stuck on the mold or in the Subassembly Machine (Sam), the operator will stop it, clear the mold or machine for the blockage and restart the process.
- Following established procedures, cleans specified machines and equipments. Cleaning may involve removal of dust, dirt and plastic particles from equipment surfaces and application of mild cleaners and solvents to remove grease, oil, hydraulic fluids, etc. Cleaning may also involve scrubbing, brushing, sweeping the floors and cleaning up oil, water and sills.
- Fill in Production Reported Form with appropriate information for part release.
- Maintains work area in a neat and orderly condition.
- Adheres to all safety and good housekeeping regulations.
- Operates subassembly equipment.
- Works in other areas as needed and performs related duties on a relief basis as assigned.
Qualifications Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc Required:
- Ability to understand work directions in English.
- Good eyesight
- Ability to read, understand, and adhere to written procedures.
- Fundamental knowledge of molding equipment
- Manual dexterity.
- Knowledge of GMPs, safety conscious, innovator, visionary and team player
- Ability to perform basic mathematical operations.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- No previous experience required. Up to 1 month on the job training.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.Other Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.Physical Demands:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk or bend and twist. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Work Environment:
- Work in a manufacturing environment, exposed to moderate degree of noise at intervals throughout the shift (ear protection required)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.