2018-1299# of Openings
17 hours agoCategory
This position is on 3rd shift.
Reporting to the First Operations Manager, this role is primarily responsible for the daily setup and operations of Amada or Mitsubishi NC/NCL laser, Amada EMLK in a just-in-time fabrication shop with some assistance provided. This position may be required to assist other operators as a helper on key work or machines as required.Responsibilities
• Perform setups and operations on Amada and Mitsubishi NC/NCL Lasers and Amada EMLK.
• Check material thickness for accuracy and load material.
• De-nest and remove laser oxide from parts.
• Perform assigned work to time standards and quality expectations.
• May train others on set-up and operation of Laser.
• Identify and solve machine alignment and cut condition problems.
• Troubleshoot minor program errors independently.
• Cross Train across multiple laser platforms and cells.
• Account for time and work completed via online computer data collection system.
• Make routine decisions and use problem solving to resolve basic manufacturing issues.
• Report and document basic material, production and quality control issues.
• Maintain performance log books on assigned area equipment, report deficiencies to the maintenance team.
• Participate in equipment preventative maintenance at the operator level.
• Ensure compliance with corporate and plant safety standards.
• Other duties as assigned.Qualifications
• Previous experience working within a technical environment.
• Previous experience with overhead crane use is helpful.
• Strong orientation towards quality, safety and continuous improvement.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Prefer Laser or CNC operating background.
• Competent at basic dimensional measuring and able to quickly learn the use of precision measurement tools.
• Demonstrated competency in basic shop math.• Demonstrated blueprint reading capability.• Ability to efficiently work in a team and coordinate work with other departments.
• Aptitude to take orders and execute the same efficiently
• Demonstrated detail orientation, self motivation skills and ability to multi-task
• A High School diploma or GED Equivalent.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.