Hawthorne CatJob ID
Regular Full-TimeOverview POSITION SUMMARY:
Under the direction and oversight of the Corporate HR Manager, performs administration of Human Resources functions for Hawaii operations. Supports management with disciplinary actions, terminations, employee relations, and grievances. Responsible for personnel records, legal compliance and compensation reviews/recommendations. Maintains the organization's human resources by implementing and supporting human resources policies, programs, and practices, while fostering a culture of teamwork and communication. Responsibilities ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
Qualifications EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Ensures adherence to EEOC and Affirmative Action Programs and diversity goals set by the organization.
- Supports recruiting, counseling managers on candidate selection, conducting exit interviews and recommending changes.
- Conducts employee orientations and coordinates related training programs.
- Monitors salary actions; recommends, plans, and implements compensation structure revisions.
- Provides manager training for coaching, discipline and labor law.
- Resolves employee grievances, counseling employees and supervisors.
- Facilitates support of centralized HR services through corporate office.
- Coordinates meetings for benefits programs and supports Benefits Administration.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements, conducting investigations, maintaining records and representing the organization at hearings.
- Maintains open lines of communications between divisions.
- Maintains management guidelines by enforcing policies and procedures.
- Maintains historical human resource records by maintaining the personnel filing system.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications and participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed while providing exceptional customer service.
- Strong knowledge and experience with Labor Relations required.
- Five (5) years of Human Resources experience required preferably in a management position.
- Performance Management experience required.
- Employee Relations experience required
- Strong knowledge of employment law.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Bachelor's Degree or university program certificate and 3 - 5 years of HR Management experience; or equivalent of education and experience.
- PHR or SPHR designation preferred.
- Strong computer knowledge and experience required.
Applicants may be required to pass a written and/or oral examination before being considered for employment in this position. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Walking and moving about on foot often up and down stairs.
- Handling: Seizes, helps or works with hands.
- Travel: Will travel on occasion.
- Lifting: Raises or lowers miscellaneous paperwork.
- Reaching: Extends hands and arms in any direction.
- Stooping: Bends body downward and forward by bending at knees or waist.
- Standing: Remains in standing position, if required to perform various functions of the job.
- Vision: Read paperwork, employment files and records on the computer.
- Talking: Communications by phone and in person.
- Sitting: Sits at desk. Sits for long periods of time.
- Noise: Works in conditions with constant or intermittent noise.
- Temp/Weather: Works in an office environment.
Reasonable accommodations for essential functions of the position will be considered. Hawthorne CAT® is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran StatusHawthorne CAT® participates in E-Verify