B. Braun Medical Inc.Requisition ID
B. Braun Medical Inc# of Openings
3:00 PM to 11:30 PMSite
With a nationwide sales team and several manufacturing locations, B. Braun Medical has become a leading full-line supplier of healthcare products and services in the U.S. The company is committed to delivering innovative products and services with unmatched quality, superior technology, and cost-effectiveness, while maintaining environmental responsibility. Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. B. Braun employs over 4,500 people in the USA. B. Braun Medical Inc. began its operations in the USA in 1957. Initially, the company manufactured and sold disposable plastic syringes. During the 1980s and early 1990s, the company undertook several expansions and enlarged its product line of disposable medical devices. With the acquisition of McGaw, Inc. in 1997, including Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc. (CAPS®), B. Braun dramatically broadened its product lines and services to U.S. customers.
U.S. Facilities and Operations:
Supporting product sales are a network of nationwide marketing and manufacturing locations. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is home to the U.S. Corporate Headquarters along with the marketing offices of the Hospital, Outpatient Markets (OPM), Renal Therapies, Vascular Interventional, International, and OEM Divisions. Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.(CAPS®) is also managed from this location. The nearby Allentown, Pennsylvania, facility manufactures Needle-free products, IV Safety Catheters, Anesthesia Systems, Introducers, Pharmacy Admixture products. Vascular products including Right Heart Catheters and Interventional Accessories are also manufactured in Allentown. The Irvine, California facility produces IV Solutions, Basic and Specialty Nutrition, Drug Delivery, and BTC products. Infusion Pump Systems are manufactured in Carrollton, Texas and IV administration and IV and Irrigation sets are produced in the Dominican Republic.Responsibilities: Position Summary:
Performs all machining functions of production and support equipment in the assigned areas. Work includes cleaning of the molds, tooling, fixtures, and jigs. All work is to be performed in such a manner as to ensure good workmanship with minimum delay. Responsibilities: Essential Duties
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Demonstrate safe working practices.
- Demonstrate proper use of hand tools.
- Utilize manual and ultrasonic cleaning process.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Capable of reading blueprints and assembly drawings.
- Able to use standard shop measuring equipment such as height gauges, micrometers and calipers.
- Perform cleaning and preventative maintenance activities on all types of injection molds including rear halves of hot runner molds.
- Knowledge of mold types.
- Must be able to take direction from supervisors and work effectively with others.
- Understand and apply SDWT principles.
Qualifications: Expertise: Qualifications-Experience/Training/Education/EtcRequired:Desired:
- Reasoning: Apply principles of rational systems to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagrammatic, or schedule form.
- Mathematics: Compute, discount, interest, profit and loss; commission markup, and selling price; ration proportion, and percentage. Calculate surfaces, volumes, weights, and measures. Algebra: Calculate variables and formulas; monomials and polynomials; ration and proportion variables; and square roots and radicals. Geometry: Calculate angles, plan and solid futures, circumference, area, and volume.
- Language: Reading, Writing and/or Speaking: Reading: Read a variety of magazines, atlases, and encyclopedias. Read safety rules, instructions in the use and maintenance of shop tools and equipment and methods and procedures in mechanical drawing and layout work. Writing: Write reports and essays with proper format punctuation, spelling, and grammar, using all parts of speech. Speaking: Speak before and audience with poise, voice control, and confidence, using correct language and well modulated voice.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and servicesOther: Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands:
- Occasionally lift or carry up to:20-50 lbs
- Frequently lift or carry up to:10-20 lbs
- Frequently:Reaching upward, reaching downward
- Strength Heavy Work - Exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Occasionally:Walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, talking
- Frequently:Sitting, standing, sit/stand option
- Constantly:Handling, fingering, near acuity
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work Environment:
- Noise Intensity:Moderate
- Occasionally:Vibration, exposure to electrical shock
- Constantly:Proximity to moving parts
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.