Aleut Management Services
AMS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, AMS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. AMS expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of AMS employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
UNIX/Linux Systems Administrator
Performs system patch management and account creation/management. Performs system tuning and recommend corrections if required. Assists users and operators. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Perform system administrative tasks for UNIX, Linux, and legacy mainframe platforms to include OS/390 and VMS
• Provide 2nd and 3rd tier support across multiple system environments • Examine operational requirements and identify areas where changes can be made to equipment or operational procedures to improve performance of mission systems, equipment availability, and utilization • Perform trouble shooting of systems and correction of discrepancies. Determine corrective actions and prepare recommendations to aid in the solution of problems • Administer and review system backups to ensure data is correctly backed up; perform system restorations from systems backups • Manage all system accounts, file architecture and configuration management • Manage disaster recovery procedures and plans for all systems • Prepare software environment for new projects to include creating user packs and validating/testing of resources • Monitor data pertaining to systems operation and performance to include the examination of test results, and composition of reports on system operability and performance
• Review technical documentation to include, but not limited to: engineering requirements, design specifications, theory of operation, operations manuals, software listings,schematics, and maintenance manuals to perform daily functions
• Responsible operating system maintenance to include, but not limited to: file management, anti-virus updates, security patches, and security audits • Work closely with Configuration Management to ensure current and valid baseline resources are available • Assist users and operators on day-to-day issues • Provide technical assistance and software engineering analysis for various formal and informal meetings • Recommend and implement process improvement initiatives
- Must meet 8570 requirements, including Security+ certification
- Must have experience in the following systems – Unix, Linux, VAX and VMS
- OS/390 experience is desired, but not required
- Must have a SECRET security clearance for access to classified information, and will be subject to ongoing government security investigations. Background investigation and accesses must be current.
- Must meet and maintain eligibility requirements for SECRET clearance for access to classified information, and will be subject to ongoing government security investigations. Background investigation and accesses must be current.
- Experience in UNIX, Linux, VAX and VMS systems; experience with help desk, anti-virus software, network trouble shooting, account management and disaster recovery
- 100% of the time: Must be able to climb ladders, stand for extended periods, sit for extended periods, and be able to lift 40lbs.
- Must be able to work in high and low noise level, temperature, ventilation, lighting areas inside and outside of buildings.
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States