B. Braun Medical Inc.Requisition ID
B. Braun Medical Inc# of Openings
1:00pm - 9:30pmSite
With a nationwide sales team and several manufacturing locations, B. Braun Medical has become a leading full-line supplier of healthcare products and services in the U.S. The company is committed to delivering innovative products and services with unmatched quality, superior technology, and cost-effectiveness, while maintaining environmental responsibility. Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. B. Braun employs over 4,500 people in the USA. B. Braun Medical Inc. began its operations in the USA in 1957. Initially, the company manufactured and sold disposable plastic syringes. During the 1980s and early 1990s, the company undertook several expansions and enlarged its product line of disposable medical devices. With the acquisition of McGaw, Inc. in 1997, including Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc. (CAPS®), B. Braun dramatically broadened its product lines and services to U.S. customers.
U.S. Facilities and Operations:
Supporting product sales are a network of nationwide marketing and manufacturing locations. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is home to the U.S. Corporate Headquarters along with the marketing offices of the Hospital, Outpatient Markets (OPM), Renal Therapies, Vascular Interventional, International, and OEM Divisions. Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.(CAPS®) is also managed from this location. The nearby Allentown, Pennsylvania, facility manufactures Needle-free products, IV Safety Catheters, Anesthesia Systems, Introducers, Pharmacy Admixture products. Vascular products including Right Heart Catheters and Interventional Accessories are also manufactured in Allentown. The Irvine, California facility produces IV Solutions, Basic and Specialty Nutrition, Drug Delivery, and BTC products. Infusion Pump Systems are manufactured in Carrollton, Texas and IV administration and IV and Irrigation sets are produced in the Dominican Republic. Responsibilities Position Summary:
Responsible for the performance of the manufacturing, processing and packaging equipment in a designated area of the plant. Work is of a technical nature where decisions are made within limits of general practices and procedures, but where supervision is available to handle unusual situations.
Work is performed under general guidance of the Maintenance Lead, Supervisor, and/or peers. Responsibilities: Essential Duties
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Responsible for mechanical and electrical maintenance activities on all the manufacturing, processing and packaging equipment in a designated area of the manufacturing plant.
- Responsible for troubleshooting designated production line.
- Perform preventative and predictive maintenance activities on the production lines according to the work orders generated with his/her name.
- Dismantle process and packaging equipment in a designated area of the manufacturing plant and work with schematics, electrical diagrams, blue prints, or based on verbal instructions.
- Monitor the production lines and report any abnormal condition(s) of the machines to the maintenance supervisor/lead or upper management.
- Monitor all safety devices on the machines and keep in optimal operating conditions.
- Order spare parts as needed.
- Perform maintenance activities with co-workers.
- Follow LOTO procedures at all times.
- Follow all GMP procedures.
- Communicate with production personnel regarding status of the lines.
- Assist the maintenance crew with troubleshooting manufacturing process equipment in the plant as needed.
- Repair and rebuild gear boxes, transmissions, valves, pumps, etc. and every piece of equipment that will be reused in future maintenance activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc Required:
- 2 - 3 years of industrial experience working on processing and packaging equipment.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of mechanical concepts.
- Knowledge of electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic concepts.
- Knowledge of metrology.
- Ability to interpret blue prints, electrical diagrams and engineering drawings.
- Ability to troubleshoot
- Good level interpersonal skills to work effectively with others.
- AA degree from a two year college or technical school or a combination of a High School diploma and training in a skilled trade areas or equivalent technical training and experience.
- Previous experience in a GMP or other regulated industry.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled.
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.Other Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.