We are an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.Requisition ID
Recently debuting at #57 on Fortune magazine’s list of the 100 Fastest-Growing Companies in the world, Martin Marietta, a member of the S&P 500 Index, employs more than 8,500 employees at operations spanning 26 states, Canada and the Bahamas. A leading supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials, dedicated teams at Martin Marietta supply the resources for the roads, sidewalks and foundations on which we live.
At Martin Marietta, we are always looking for the best and the brightest, for people who have the potential to be the Company's future leaders. We are building on our foundation of success by selecting the finest people and helping them realize their potential. When you decide to build your career at Martin Marietta, you'll know what it's like to be respected, challenged and rewarded.Summary:
The Business Analyst (BA) will work under the direction of the Business Applications Manager and will be part of the Enterprise Applications team. This individual will be a key liason with the business in the areas of HR, Compensation and Payroll functions. The primary focus of this role will be to support the day-to-day functions of the HR, Compensation and the Payroll teams… and working with the accounting team as needed to support the accounting needed for those 3 primary areas. BA will also help design, develop and deliver business solutions through understanding the current and future needs of the business partners. Based on a wide range of experience and industry research help, provide short and long term direction in the HR and Payroll area. Partnering with stakeholders to achieve sustainable productivity through a collaborative and consultative approach. Work with other team members and Analysts in other business functional areas within IS applications, such as Sales and Distribution, Finance and infrastructure, to support the successful deployment of the solution.
The Business Analyst (BA) will be required to assist and provide quality and solid system designs and solutions to solve various business requirements. The role requires an individual who is resourceful, confident under pressure, and has demonstrated skill in both crisis management and expectation management. The BA should be able to deliver effective presentations, solution walk-through to audiences of all sizes and possess excellent communication skills.
The role requires both broad and deep knowledge of the JDE system and the ability to architect and support solutions by mapping customer business problems to reusable end-to-end solutions. He or she has a passion for the business which is demonstrated through professionalism and striving for excellence in all aspects of the business experience.
The successful candidate should have a Bachelors Degree with a deep understanding of JDE/E1 HR and Payroll. Higher relevant education preferred. Position requires extensive relevant working experience including expertise in business solutions deployment.Essential Functions:
Portfolio of Systems/Applications: ERP - Jdedwards Enterprise One 9.1Tax - VertexExternal system interfaces (EDI/Interoperability)OATS and UPK Minimum Requirements:
- Provide expert JDE and solutions support to the day-to-day functions of the HR, Compensation and the Payroll business processes
- Work with the accounting team as needed to support the accounting needed for those 3 primary areas
- Analyze the issue, document the issue and the solution and work with the technical team to idenitify and implement the change to resolve the issues
- BA will take the role of a consultant during the early phases of the solution, in terms of scoping the project, gathering requirements and working with the team to put together a solutions document
- You will need to be the subject matter expert in understanding the customer's requirements and is able to suggest alternatives to better the solution and alleviate the challenge/ issue being addressed
- The BA should be able to work with the customer and help them envision the solution value, and how it will benefit them in the longer term
- Manage, scope and deliver enhancements coming through the helpdesk ticketing system, prioritized and approved by stakeholders
- Partner with other application and technical teams on all critical system solutions
- Follow all SDLC standard documentation for functional and technical designs, test plans and execution
- Create training and testing documents using UPK
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Expert knowledge of JDE E1 system configuration standards
- Experience in specifying and supporting Interfaces between external Legacy systems and JDE E1 applications.
- Experience in developing detailed functional requirements for reports, interfaces, conversions and enhancements as they relate to JDE E1 applications
- Strong understanding of all phases of the software development lifecycle
- A self–starter able to handle multiple concurrent projects
- Solid business and JDE consulting background is required
- At least 5 years in JDE Packages consulting /solution architecture experience
- At least 3+ years of exposure to end to end Business processes
- At least 2-3 full lifecycle implementation of JDE HR, Compensations and Payroll, Vertex, EDI and interfaces
- Strong experience working with the external systems and entities such as ADP, Banks, etc.
- Experience with other JDE Modules (Sales and Distribution and Finance) will be an asset.
- Working experience with Oracle UPK product will be an asset
- Strong customer orientation – ability to interact with personnel at all levels of the organization to obtain, analyze, and discuss business requirements and technical solutions
- Excellent communication / presentation / verbal and written communication skills. Should be able to drive business discussions independently and act as trusted advisor
- Strong analytical problem solving skills
- Travel 10%
- Prescription Drug
- Health Care Reimbursement Account
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Account
- Wellness Programs
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- 401(k) with Company matching
- Salary Continuation – Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability Options
- Employee Life Insurance
- Spouse & Dependent Life Insurance
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Direct Deposit Payroll
- Educational/Tuition Assistance Plan
- College Scholarship Program – for dependent children
- Matching Gift Program
- New Auto Purchase Discount Plans