We are an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.Requisition ID
Recently debuting at #57 on Fortune magazine’s list of the 100 Fastest-Growing Companies in the world, Martin Marietta, a member of the S&P 500 Index, employs more than 8,500 employees at operations spanning 26 states, Canada and the Bahamas. A leading supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials, dedicated teams at Martin Marietta supply the resources for the roads, sidewalks and foundations on which we live.
At Martin Marietta, we are always looking for the best and the brightest, for people who have the potential to be the Company's future leaders. We are building on our foundation of success by selecting the finest people and helping them realize their potential. When you decide to build your career at Martin Marietta, you'll know what it's like to be respected, challenged and rewarded.Position Summary
Under the immediate direction of Plant Manager, the Equipment Operator safely operates the Loader Operator/and or Haul Unit to bring raw materials from pit to plant in a safe and efficient manner at maximum loading capacity. Must be able to work weekends and holidays when needed. Essential Functions
Minimum Education and Experience
- Must be able to work Monday through Saturday 5am to 5pm and Sundays when needed.
- Assist in plant repairs and clean-up.
- Perform pre-shift safety inspection on equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance and service mobile equipment. Report needed repairs to shop personnel.
- Responsible for good housekeeping of equipment.
- Adhere to MSHA and plant safety rules and regulations.
- Perform duties with minimum supervision.
- Willingness to travel.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- 3-5 years’ experience operating heavy mobile equipment preferred.
- Must be able to read equipment operating manual.
- Must be able to complete pre-shift inspection report.
- Must be able to communicate in English on radio or CB.
- Possess basic mathematical aptitude to complete daily reports.
- Must be able to wear all required safety equipment.
- Must be able to perform duties in a safe manner.
- Must be able to read and interpret gauges.
- Proven ability to work in a TEAM environment.
- Must have good hand/eye coordination and be able to operate hand/foot controls.
- Possess good vision to perceive depth at close range and distances up to 150 feet.
- Must be able to climb on and off equipment to operate and service.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, climb and reach around mobile equipment.
- Capable of lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to sit and operate equipment for long periods up to 10+ hours per day.
- Must work outside in all weather conditions consistent with extreme ambient temperatures: heat, cold, wetness, dryness, dust, and noisy conditions.
- Must be able to work at various heights.
- Prescription Drug
- Health Care Reimbursement Account
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Account
- Wellness Programs
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- 401(k) with Company matching
- Sickness and Accident – Short-Term Disability
- Optional Long-Term Disability
- Employee Life Insurance
- Spouse & Dependent Life Insurance
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Direct Deposit Payroll
- Educational/Tuition Assistance Plan
- College Scholarship Program – for dependent children
- Matching Gift Program
- New Auto Purchase Discount Plans