Intelligent Software SystemsReq #
Preferred Top Secret/SCIPosition Type
Schriever AFB, COBenefits
In addition to a competitive salary, Polaris Alpha offers excellent benefits to full-time employees:
Benefits are subject to changeJob Description
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life and AD&D coverage at 3x annual salary
- 401k plan, 4% non-elective contributions for all eligible employees and participants are 100% vested in plan from date of enrollment
- 4+ weeks of PTO and 10 Paid Holidays observed
- Education Assistance Program
- Relocation may be considered
Polaris Alpha is a highly technical industry leader uniquely positioned to address customers' most complex challenges across the full spectrum of air, land, sea, cyber and space domains.
ISS, A Polaris Alpha Company, provides cutting edge solutions development based on the latest advances in open software design and integration. The company is best known for not only understanding our customer's needs, but also consistently exceeding their expectations. ISS - Polaris Alpha develops sophisticated data visualization, event analysis, pattern detection, mission planning and mobile software using net centric and enterprise architectures. ISS - Polaris Alpha has emerged as a leader in the Space Situational Awareness (SSA) domain. From pure research to directly supporting space operations, our space programs are firmly focused on maintaining US space superiority through cutting-edge enterprise computing expertise and SSA domain knowledge; these allow ISS - Polaris Alpha to architect robust solutions tailored to real-world operational requirements.
This position is an Enterprise Applications software engineer in the Space Operations Department. Tasks will focus on the development and enhancement of Enterprise Application Software related to Space Situational Awareness and/or Space Battle Management Command and Control activity using Java based solutions. The software development activities involve designing and implementing operationally-relevant solutions to the SSA and/or BMC2 enterprise applications for threat awareness and decision making purposes. You will have the opportunity to participate in the design and development of a real-world, cutting edge space systems which are changing how the Space community is doing business. Required Skills
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or a technical discipline with a minimum 4 years of experience in software engineering. Relevant domain experience may be accepted in place of degree.
• Java/JEE development experience
• Knowledge of XML schemas and associated tools
• Experience with object-oriented analysis and design techniques
• Experience designing and implementing Service Oriented Architectures and related technologies
• Experience developing SOAP and RESTful web services
• Experience with Software Configuration Management (SCM) tools (e.g. Subversion, Maven and Git)
• Experience written and verbal communication skills and ability to work in a collaborative and distributed team environment
• Must be a US citizenDesired Skills
• Top Secret clearance with DCID eligibility
• Experience with C and/or FORTRAN
• Experience with integration containers and ESB related technologies (OSGi, Active MQ, AMQP, Camel, CXF)
• Experience with Security technologies (PKI, SSL)
• Experience with application server deployment and runtime environment (Weblogic, JBoss, Tomcat)
• Knowledge of Space operations, SSA and C2 systems
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Normal office setting, therefore the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking. Use of hands to operate computer equipment. Frequent near vision use for reading and computer use.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
ISS, A Polaris Alpha Company is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All employment candidates may be subject to background screening and will be subject to a pre-employment drug screen