B. Braun Medical Inc.Requisition ID
B. Braun Medical Inc# of Openings
8am - 5pmSite
Corporate/Sales/ B. Braun of Canada/ BIS/ CeGatOverview
With a nationwide sales team and several manufacturing locations, B. Braun Medical has become a leading full-line supplier of healthcare products and services in the U.S. The company is committed to delivering innovative products and services with unmatched quality, superior technology, and cost-effectiveness, while maintaining environmental responsibility. Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. B. Braun employs over 4,500 people in the USA. B. Braun Medical Inc. began its operations in the USA in 1957. Initially, the company manufactured and sold disposable plastic syringes. During the 1980s and early 1990s, the company undertook several expansions and enlarged its product line of disposable medical devices. With the acquisition of McGaw, Inc. in 1997, including Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc. (CAPS®), B. Braun dramatically broadened its product lines and services to U.S. customers.
U.S. Facilities and Operations:
Supporting product sales are a network of nationwide marketing and manufacturing locations. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is home to the U.S. Corporate Headquarters along with the marketing offices of the Hospital, Outpatient Markets (OPM), Renal Therapies, Vascular Interventional, International, and OEM Divisions. Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.(CAPS®) is also managed from this location. The nearby Allentown, Pennsylvania, facility manufactures Needle-free products, IV Safety Catheters, Anesthesia Systems, Introducers, Pharmacy Admixture products. Vascular products including Right Heart Catheters and Interventional Accessories are also manufactured in Allentown. The Irvine, California facility produces IV Solutions, Basic and Specialty Nutrition, Drug Delivery, and BTC products. Infusion Pump Systems are manufactured in Carrollton, Texas and IV administration and IV and Irrigation sets are produced in the Dominican Republic. Responsibilities Position Summary:
Manage overall profitability of complex product line (large dollar volume, major product development). Responsible for the development, implementation and control of marketing programs to maintain and increase market share and profits. Impacts organization by providing strategic direction for the Pre-filled Syringe and Pre-mixed Bag (PFS/PMB) product lines thereby positively impacting company revenue and operating profit. Decisions directly impact operating profit, customer satisfaction levels and sales force focus and direction. Responsibilities: Essential Duties
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Designs and implements overall PFS/PMB product marketing strategy to support B. Braun Hospital Care and OPM strategies and increase BBMUS market share and revenue.
- Manages overall go-to-market strategy for PFS/PMB product lines, including overall commercial planning, key marketing initiatives and financial results for the product line.
- Develops product line pricing strategy.
- Understands customer and market dynamics in order to evaluate product improvements and line extensions to address unmet needs.
- Identifies and writes requirements for new product development and acts as integral part of development team.
- Formulate and understand GPO contracting strategies and policies.
- Manages all promotional activities related to product group.
- Monitors product incident reports and helps direct corrective actions if needed.
- Coordinates and assists with in-house sales training programs related to product group.
- Participate in USA based Product Line Management Team and where needed with our Global Network Team (GNT) to represent BBMUS market requirements.
- Maintains an active field travel schedule to regularly meeting with customers, sales, personnel, vendors, inventors, and consultants.
- Develop and implement a five-year plan to support Injectable Drug Strategy.
- Support Injectable Drug product lines from a clinical standpoint and work with Medical Affairs to manage technical studies as needed.
- Act as key interface with sales and sales management to plan execution of product tactics and marketing strategies.
- Lead and participate in cross-functional, multidisciplinary teams as the product owner to reach product and launch objectives.
Qualifications Expertise: Qualifications-Experience/Training/Education/Etc Required:
- Principles of Marketing, technical product information, product selling/demonstration skills, Office Procedures, departmental policies, management theories, base knowledge of U.S. hospital and OPM or Continuing Care markets, knowledge of mathematical/statistical principles as they are related to pricing, margin and Profit and Loss, understanding of new product approval process, basic regulatory requirements with the FDA, direct product line management experience, management of product line promotional activities.
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), Analytical skills, basic financial analysis with price, revenue, gross profits, ROI
- Communicate effectively with others or cross functionally, analysis of financial reports, negotiation skills, time management, project management, Administration/Marketing support supervision, presentation skills, analyze and interpret technical journals, respond to customer inquiries and regulatory agencies, coordinate launch of new products.
- BS in life science or marketing and/or MBA highly preferred.
- 4-6 years generic pharmaceutical industry or brand pharmaceutical industry experience in marketing, with emphasis on product development marketing strategies and project management required.
- Working knowledge of injectable generic drug market highly desired.
- Firm understanding of FDA ANDA, NDA and 505(b)(2) process and requirements.
- Experience leading business initiatives, and participating in product core teams a plus
- Strong written and oral English communications skills, strong presentation skills; proven ability to interact successfully with all levels of the organization as well as vendors and outside constituents.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in close collaboration is required.
- Ability to travel domestically & internationally, as required (
- Business travel, drivers license, passport, secrecy and invention agreement, and non-compete agreement.
- Knowledge of the Infusion Therapy marketplace and/or practice of pharmacy
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.Other Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.