2018-3091# of Openings
2018-02-07Area of Interest
Exciting Maintenance Assistant Opportunity !
Elderwood at Cheektowaga is looking for a Maintenance Assistant for our third shift. Maintenance Assistant team members assist with ensuring the health and well-being of our residents by providing maintenance support. Maintenance Assistants are responsible for ensuring resident and staff safety by being responsible for repairs to the buildings and furnishings as well as up-keep of the grounds including lawn care and snow/ice removal.
Maintenance Assistant team members assist with or perform assigned duties concerned with electricity, plumbing, painting, carpentry mechanics, heating and cooling water systems. They also handle incoming and outgoing freight, as needed; lift and move heavy furniture and equipmentResponsibilities
Maintenance Assistants can take advantage of the following:
- A fun family atmosphere
- Our Employee Appreciation Committee
- Free parking, as well as being on a bus route if needed
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Minimum 18 yrs. age required, HS diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Related work experience required.
- References to verify competency required.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints preferred.
- Valid Driver's License and clean driving record required.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions required.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.