2018-3055# of Openings
2018-02-07Area of Interest
variable hours including weekendsOverview
An active social life is an essential aspect of life at Elderwood. Our activities leaders conduct enjoyable recreation programs that keep residents energized, engaged and mentally stimulated.This position is variable hours-we are willing to work around your schedule. Must have prior paid or voluntary experience in assisting or conducting activity programs for adults. Responsibilities
- Assists the Director Activities in planning and carrying out the activity program.
- Approaches residents on assigned unit to plan individual recreational and social activities; reports to Director Activities about response and cooperation of resident.
- Prepares resident information for use by the Director Activities in care planning and documentation; writes progress notes as assigned.
- Assists in developing and maintaining good contact with community resources for the betterment of the activities program.
- Responsible for maintaining departmental inventory of equipment and supplies.
- Maintains attendance records and prepares other reports as required.
- Minimum 18 yrs. age required, HS diploma or equivalent required.
- Valid New York Driver's License and clean driving record required.
- Ability to develop good relationships with staff, volunteers, families and visitors required.
- Ability to inspire and motivate others, create a warm and accepting climate for residents and be able to adapt and modify activities to meet their needs required.
- Understanding of the rights and needs of residents required.
- Physical stamina for constant activity required.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.