Wellesley College is undergoing its most ambitious construction program in history, and is eager to hire a Construction Project Manager to assist in several projects. The position will offer excellent benefits, work-life balance, and a team-oriented office. Reporting to the Assistant Director of Construction, the ideal candidate will have 5-7 years experience in construction project management within a range of project sizes, but including very large capital construction. Experience in science/technology and higher education facilities is preferred. Knowledge of the design and construction process, delivery methods, contracts, budget and invoice management/tracking, and overall experience with construction site management is essential. Candidate should have familiarity with project management software systems, excel, and other computer software. The ideal fit is someone who enjoys a fast-pace workplace, adept at multi-tasking, superb communication skills, and collaborative style.
• Budget Tracking and Management
• Project Schedule Coordination
• User/Customer coordination
• Meeting preparation and facilitation
• Submittal Review/Processing
• RFI Processing
• Bidding process management
• Some over-time hours are required
Bachelor Degree in project management, construction management, or related field.
5-7 years similar experience in construction project management
• High level of customer service experience, particularly in an institutional setting
• Sophisticated project management skills including developing schedules, budgets, project controls, managing contracts, negotiations, and client relations
• Demonstrated record of on-time and on-budget projects
• Experience coordinating multiple projects and consultants
• Ability to work in AutoCAD
• Excellent leadership, interpersonal, team, and collaboration skills
• Other duties, as assigned
EEO/Affirmative Action Statement
Wellesley College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we are committed to increasing the diversity of the college community and the curriculum. Wellesley College and all its subcontractors shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that Wellesley College and all of its subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Candidates who believe they can contribute to that goal are encouraged to apply.