Aleris is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Our HR teams will reach out to the applicants who met the qualifications and most closely aligned with requirements of the positions.Function
Full TimeOverview / Job Summary
Aleris is a global leader in the manufacture and sale of aluminum rolled products, with approximately 14 facilities in three geographically aligned business units in North America, Europe and China. We serve a variety of end-use industries, including aerospace, automotive, defense, building and construction, transportation, packaging, and consumer goods. Our North America division is seeking to add a talented Maintenance Electrician to its team at our Clayton, NJ facility. The purpose of this role is to provide electrical and light mechanical support to the operation by maintaining and servicing production equipment for minimizing downtime.Responsibilities Include
• Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with Aleris HSE standards and policies, all state and federal regulations, and company policies and procedures.
• Participate in the fabrication, installation, modification, troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of a variety of electrical and mechanical devices, systems, and facilities of varying design or complexity.
• Interpret blueprints, manufacturers' specifications, written and verbal instructions.
• Perform required preventative/predictive maintenance.
• Troubleshoot and repair equipment to minimize unscheduled downtime.
• Support and participate in continuous improvement initiatives.
• Maintain accurate, legible and timely records by completing paperwork as required.
• Display initiative and complete tasks with a sense of urgency.
• Demonstrate a positive attitude and have the ability to work in a team environment.
• Maintain quality service/product by establishing, following, and enforcing organization ISO9001:2008 quality system standards.
• Provide support as required to the operation by performing other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.Required Qualifications
• High School diploma or GED
• 5+ years multi-craft electrical, in combination with mechanical (a plus), experience and aptitude with industrial machinery & equipment.
• Possess ability to read and interpret electrical and mechanical schematics
• Perform lifting up to 50lbs; some lifting above 50lbs.
• Possess strong trouble shooting skills
• NFPA 70E and NEC understanding
• Knowledge of PLCs, a plus
• Demonstrated ability to weld, both gas and electric, a plus
• Pass vision screening test
• Must be able to work any hours, overtime, weekends and holidays as scheduled/required