Aleris is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Our HR teams will reach out to the applicants who met the qualifications and most closely aligned with requirements of the positions.Function
Sales & MarketingRelocation Available
Full TimeOverview / Job Summary
Aleris is a global leader in the manufacture and sale of aluminum rolled products, with approximately 14 facilities in three geographically aligned business units in North America, Europe and China. We serve a variety of end-use industries, including aerospace, automotive, defense, building and construction, transportation, packaging, and consumer goods.
Our Global Aerospace team is seeking to add a talented Business Development Engineer to its North American team. This person would be responsible for maintaining & developing technical contacts with current Aleris customers and new prospective customers. This person would also lead new business development efforts by identifying new opportunities and potential customers.Responsibilities Include
- Follow all established Safety guidelines with regards to personal travel, planning and plant visits.
- Live and champion the Aleris core values; Safety, Integrity, Customer Focus, Ownership, Excellence, and Teamwork
- Regularly & pro-actively visit key customers and prospects in order to maintain a high-level of customer tech. support with regard to Aleris plant process / product knowledge & capabilities.
- Efficient investigation, proper reporting to the plants and appropriate customer support in case of quality claims
- Develop a detailed knowledge of product & application requirements for a wide range of target customers, as well as, a detailed knowledge on customer processes, esp. for strategic products - allowing Field Engineering to make the best product choices for the customer.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge on process capabilities of their relevant Aleris plants - allowing the maximum exploitation of our current capabilities to satisfy the needs of the customer.
- Active participation in the Portfolio Management Team (PMT) process; providing input to the PMT on the development of strategic product roadmaps & customer tech. issues.
- Monitor & support ongoing Aleris R&D / Aleris Product Management (APM) activities for relevant customers and product groups
- Making technical marketing presentations to demonstrate to customers the benefits of Aleris products. Also, providing technical product training for colleagues, if / when required.
- Searching for new OEM and Tier 1 customers that could benefit from Aleris' product portfolio.
- Finding new opportunities within existing customers to supply additional product forms (primarily increasing sheet and Cut-to-Size business at existing plate customers)
- Support and/or lead qualification projects to get Aleris products approved at customers; incl. providing & negotiating spec. counter-proposals (based on the feedback from the relevant plant); co-ordinate sample materials and test feedback.
- Represent Aleris in relevant organizations and committees such as AMS and MMPDS.
- Must meet ITAR regulations
- Master's degree in Materials Science, Metallurgy or Aerospace Engineering and/or combination of experience and education.
- Previous experience as a senior technical leader having 10 years plus experience and solid technical knowledge in the field of Aluminum Materials Science and Aluminum alloy development.
- Previous experience identifying and developing business leads that directly result in new business generation.
- Successful Aerospace Experience: Having worked at least 5 years for Aerospace related company preferably in material or design department
- Expertise in aluminum flat rolled products and their application for manufacturing structural components in aerospace
- Good connections with North American OEMs
- Excellent communication, presentation and networking skills
- Basic project management skills.
- Highly proactive and self-driven
- Strong commercial mind-set and ability to "drive" business development
- Willing to travel frequently - 60-75% - mainly domestic but some international
- Additional language skills can be a plus, preferably also in German or Chinese
- Expertise in aerostructures and space applications
- Expert knowledge of specialized testing required for aerospace alloys
- Relationship with organizations such as AMS, MMPDS