Aleris is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Our HR teams will reach out to the applicants who met the qualifications and most closely aligned with requirements of the positions.Function
Human ResourcesRelocation Available
Full TimeOverview / Job Summary
Aleris is a global leader in the manufacture and sale of aluminum rolled products, with approximately 14 facilities in three geographically aligned business units in North America, Europe and China. We serve a variety of end-use industries, including aerospace, automotive, defense, building and construction, transportation, packaging, and consumer good.
Our Rolled Products North America (RPNA) division is seeking to add a Regional Human Resources Manager to its team supporting our Davenport, IA facility and our Lincolnshire, IL facility. This role will be based out of Davenport, IA. The Regional Human Resources Manager will plan, develop, execute, and continuously improve a variety of human resource activities to support the attainment of the facilities' goals and objectives, as well as assist in the resolution of human resource and labor relation issues to enhanced organizational efficiency, communication and understanding.Responsibilities Include
- Champion the Aleris values; Safety, Integrity, Customer Focus, Ownership, Excellence, and Teamwork.
- Implement practices that increase employee engagement.
- Proactively build and maintain positive relationships with employees and Union representatives through active and transparent communication, fair and consistent application of policy and interpretation of labor agreements.
- Recruit, select, and develop talent to achieve the business goals/objectives.
- Participate in grievance meetings and provide support in labor negotiations as needed.
- Support and execute divisional and/or corporate initiatives.
- Administer company policy, performance management and compensation process.
- Develop the capabilities of employees through formal and informal training in order to provide opportunities to maximize their full potential.
- Manage/Develop a small team of HR professionals
- Bachelor's degree in a related field is typical for this role, advanced degree preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to manage human resource professionals in multiple locations.
- Experience working in a contemporary, lean manufacturing environment preferred.
- Experience working in a unionized manufacturing environment, including grievance resolution and contract negotiations.
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent leadership and project planning skills.
- Ability to solve complex problems, strong analytical skills.
- Knowledge of HR compliance, employment laws and regulatory requirements.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Ability to travel to as necessary.
- Must be driven and motivated to achieve results in a faced paced environment