Aleris is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Our HR teams will reach out to the applicants who met the qualifications and most closely aligned with requirements of the positions.Function
Human ResourcesRelocation Available
Full TimeOverview / Job Summary
Aleris International Inc. is a privately-held, global leader in aluminum rolled products and extrusions, aluminum recycling and specification alloy production. Headquartered in Beachwood, Ohio, the company operates more than 40 production facilities in the Americas, Europe and Asia.
Our facility in Lewisport, Kentucky is looking to add a Senior Talent Acquisition Professional to its Human Resources team. The primary purpose of this position is to work with HR and their business and/or functional leaders to source, recruit, select, and onboard top talent professional candidates into Aleris. The professional in this role will support Lewisport's hiring needs focusing primarily on Exempt recruitment initiatives. Overall scope includes sourcing, interviewing and assessment techniques, process standardization, new hire domestic relocation, onboarding, talent acquisition metrics, and adherence to regulatory and statutory compliance standards for recruiting, selecting and reporting talent acquisition activity.
Position will report to our Director of Talent Acquisition, in our corporate headquarters in Beachwood Ohio. Responsibilities Include
• Building a sustainable and scalable sourcing plan to address current demand and future growth.
• Partnering with HR and management to develop workforce planning tools for anticipatory staffing efforts.
• Collaborating with HR to support talent upgrade initiatives via strategic and tactical recruitment techniques.
• Consistently delivering high quality talent to increase quality of hire and top talent within the company.
• Driving operational excellence within talent acquisition to ensure a positive customer and candidate experience.
• Providing expertise and leadership in identifying and implementing a new applicant tracking system.
• Developing and conducting training programs for managers designed to improve recruiting and hiring selection.
• Frequently capturing, analyzing, preparing and presenting hiring data and statistics to HR and management.
• Managing new hire domestic relocation activity and provide input on current policies and procedures.
• Leading recruitment strategy meetings with hiring managers and other key stakeholders to assess talent needs.
• Screening and referring qualified applicants to hiring manager for interviewing.Required Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Organizational Behavior, or Industrial/Organizational Psychology or equivelant experience.
• 5 - 7 years of experience in talent acquisition for medium to large companies; preferably in the manufacturing industry.
• A prior role in Human Resources is highly preferable.
• Ability to travel up to 20% domestically.
• Experience and demonstrated competency in:
o Sourcing candidates from multiple industries and backgrounds using multiple media.
o Identifying, selecting, and/or implementing applicant tracking systems.
o Interviewing candidates to determine company and job fit.
o Assessing talent and their potential to contribute and grow within a company.
o Experience launching and sustaining talent acquisition projects and/or programs.
o Strong business and HR acumen.
o Great analytical and critical thinking skills.
o Highly focused on job priorities and customer needs.
o Excellent communications and project management skills.
o Knowledge in the Microsoft Office suite (e.g. MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Word, etc.).
• Personal Characteristics:
o Excellent facilitation and presentation skills.
o Demonstrates a passion for success and strives to exceed expectations; ambitious.
o A team player; not hierarchical.
o Strong attention to detail and process orientation.
o Excellent planning, organizational and problem solving skills.
o Builds networks and relationships to get things done.
o Hands-on and pragmatic.
o High pace, high energy, and proactive.
o Entrepreneurship; takes initiative. .