Aleris is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Our HR teams will reach out to the applicants who met the qualifications and most closely aligned with requirements of the positions.Function
Full TimeOverview / Job Summary
Aleris is a global leader in the manufacture and sale of aluminum rolled products, with approximately 14 facilities in three geographically aligned business units in North America, Europe, and China. We serve a variety of end-use industries, including aerospace, automitive, defense, building and construction, transportation, packaging, and consumer goods.
Our North America division is seeking to add a talented Maintenance Mechanic to its team at our Clayton, NJ facility. The purpose of this role is to provide support to the operation by maintaining and servicing production equipment for minimizing downtime.Responsibilities Include
- Maintain a safe working environment by complying with Aleris HSE standards and policies, all state and federal regulations, and company policies and procedures.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, repair and service industrial machinery and equipment.
- Completes preventative/predictive maintenance requirements as scheduled.
- Perform general building maintenance.
- Support and participate in continuous improvement initiatives.
Demonstrate a positive attitude and has the ability to work in a team environment
- Display initiative and complete tasks with a sense of urgency.
- Maintain accurate, legible and timely records by completing paperwork as required.
- Maintain quality service/product by establishing, following, and enforcing organization ISO9001:2008 quality system standards.
- Provide support as required to the operation by performing other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
- High school diploma or GED
- 5+ years mechanical experience and aptitude with industrial machinery & equipment
- Possess experience in operating shop equipment, working from prints & schematics, and a working knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics
- Black seal license or commitment to obtain one is a condition of employment
- Demonstrated ability to weld, both gas and electric, a plus
- Possess troubleshooting skills
- Perform lifting up to 50 lbs; some lifting above 50lbs
- Pass vision screening test
- Must be able to work any hours, overtime, weekends and holidays as scheduled/required