Aleris is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Our HR teams will reach out to the applicants who met the qualifications and most closely aligned with requirements of the positions.Function
Full TimeOverview / Job Summary
Aleris is a global leader in the manufacture and sale of aluminum rolled products, with approximately 14 facilities in three geographically aligned business units in North America, Europe and China. We serve a variety of end-use industries, including aerospace, automotive, defense, building and construction, transportation, packaging, and consumer goods.
This position is responsible for the day-to-day operations of transferring, staging, loading and unloading material throughout the plant and production areas.Responsibilities Include
- Assist the Mill and/or CFL finishing line operators in the preparation and processing of aluminum coils.
- Operate production line equipment to transfer, stack, wrap, and store finished material.
- Remove scrap from production lines and loading trucks for proper disposal.
- Stack and arrange material in the High-Bay area.
- Follow all required work instructions and quality standards.
- Assist the production line staff in the inspection of coils to minimize production errors.
- Analyze and recommend corrective actions to eliminate root cause and maximizing equipment performance.
- Safely operating forklifts, overhead cranes, and power-tools.
- Provide any necessary training to area team members on work instructions, production processes, and safety procedures.
- Ensure 5s and housekeeping programs are maintained and followed.
Interact with Maintenance on equipment failure and repairs.Required Qualifications
- Must be a leader in safety. Demonstrated willingness to support all safety initiatives.
- Ability to become a qualified forklift and crane operator. Complete and pass training on assigned material handling equipment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, able to understand, speak, and read English.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Must be able to read basic shop measurements, fractions, and decimals.
- Must be able to use hand and power tools.
- Must be able to demonstrate a strong work ethic and positive attitude.
- Must be available to work all shifts either on a rotational or straight shift assignment.
- Must have the ability to work overtime, weekends, and holidays.