Actors' Equity Association, the labor union representing more than 51,000 Actors and Stage Managers working in the professional theatre nationwide, is seeking an energetic and motivated person to serve as the Social Media manager in its New York Office.
This key position will serve as the Association’s voice online, helping to develop and extend a variety of existing social media campaigns and also monitor and curate content on a day to day basis for both public and private members-only social media channels. This position will also help monitor the organization’s reputation online.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop and implement social media strategies as a key component of a larger communications plan;
- Calendar out and develop integrated social media plans to promote various live events – including by using tools and tactics like the Association’s Twitter and Instagram takeovers, Thunderclap and livestreams;
- Coordinate with social media influencers in the theatre community;
- Serves as community manager for Equity’s members-only social media channels.
- Brand management: Track and monitor the presence of Actors’ Equity Association across various social media platforms; Track and analyze campaign metrics to report on effectiveness;
- Proactively escalate issues, observations, opportunities, and insights to the communications director;
- Adapt marketing concepts to attain maximum impact of communication goals;
- Customize strategies using up-to-date trends in social media, tools, and applications;
- Work with the Director of Communications, other department members and occasional outside vendors to align social media with other campaigns
Skills, Abilities and Knowledge:
- Graphic design skills strongly encouraged
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- A minimum of two years of experience developing and coordinating social media campaigns with demonstrated fluency required
- Excellent and proven proficiency across all social media platforms, Tweetdeck, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook; Experience with Meltwater preferred
- Respect for confidentiality and discretion required
- Detail-orientation and ability to handle multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment required
- Knowledge of theatre a plus
- Some travel required
- BA or equivalent degree required
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- Excellent family health benefits (medical, dental, optical)
- Employer funded defined benefit pension plan
- Opportunity for career development and advancement
To apply, click here: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=actorseqi1
Resumes without a cover letter and resume will not be considered.
Some candidates will be asked to complete a writing exercise.
Actors’ Equity Association is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in the workplace regardless of age, gender and gender identity, race/ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or veteran status.