Outside Sales Representative
Outside Sales Representative – Anvil International Canada
This sales position has direct sales responsibility for the province of Ontario based in Toronto. Primary sales are directed toward established PVF (Pipe, Valve and Fitting) distributors within the territory. Working under the direction of the National Sales Manager, the Sales Representative is expected to learn and expand upon his/her knowledge of the Mechanical, PVF and Fire Protection industries. Anvil International sells through distribution channels but ongoing contact with end users in a priority. The successful candidate with formulate an aggressive sales strategy all while earning a competitive base salary plus commissions. Company car and full benefit offerings make for a well-rounded total package for the right individual.
- Manage and grow sales in Ontario - GTA based
- Call on end product users including wholesaler distributors to promote new and existing product lines and develop favorable specification position.
- Call upon Consulting Engineers to specify product and demonstrate features and benefits through product presentations.
- 50% of time will be working with mechanical contractors to push Anvil product through distribution channels.
- Provide complete service to established distributor network including: quotations, product training, technical and literary support, product complaints, inventory maintenance, and delivery issues.
- Perform product training for end users and distributors to promote advantages of Anvil products and enhance specification position.
- Develop cooperative relationships with key distributors and end user personnel to enhance product demand.
- Establish sales goals and specification objectives to meet company sales budget.
- Identify significant bid opportunities and provide complete project information, including price strategy.
- Provide after sale service support, including warranty and claims management.
- Actively participate in trade organizations to promote Anvil products.
- Continuously update end users database for territory.
- Provide monthly report, sales forecast and market overview to NSM.
- A minimum of five (5) years outside sales experience in the PVF industry or related field (construction, piping, etc.).
- PVF experience calling upon the wholesale level as well as calling upon head offices
- Experience calling upon mechanical and fire protection contractors will be an asset.
- Requires strong analytical skills and multi-tasking between numerous industries
- Must demonstrate good judgment, decision making, and ability to plan and accomplish required goals.
- Valid driver's license with no major violations.
- Intermediate computer experience with particular proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint programs.
- High level of outgoing interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively.
- Comfortable with public speaking engagements and the ability to deliver presentations to large groups
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in a business, engineering, or communications - related field or 3 year College diploma is preferred.
- Mechanical aptitude is an added asset.
Primary work days will be Monday through Friday; work hours will vary based on customer hours and may require overnight travel. Evening customer meetings and /or entertainment may be required during sales travel. This position works out of a home office.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada