US Water Services, Inc.Job ID
Full Time Non Exempt
U.S. Water Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.Overview
Be a Production Technician position in an organization where you can make an impact at U.S. Water. This position is available based on a positive transfer within our team. The Production Tech will assist in the production process from order to completion. He or she will be responsible for ensuring orders are filled in a timely manner, meeting or exceeding customer requests, and supporting department goals. The Production Tech will also assist in the blending of chemical products, comply with all US Water safety requirements, policies, and procedures, and maintain the production area in operational condition. The Production Tech should make recommendations for ordering raw materials to include chemical and containers, suggest finished material inventory level based on product flow, offer process improvements, and file AINMS reports to the Shift lead as appropriate.Responsibilities
- Maintain a safe work environment by using the proper PPE and following all work instructions.
- Accountable for producing or repackaging chemicals in accordance with US Water's quality control procedures, including completing and maintaining batch tickets, labels and other order details.
- Use chemical on a First In, First Out (FIFO) basis preventing the spoiling of product by properly identifying lot numbers. They will also assist in annual and cycle inventory counts.
- Keep all calibration logs, water checklist, and preventative maintenance logs current.
- Maintain all production equipment. Work with Maintenance to schedule needed repairs.
- Responsible for the cleanliness of plant, grounds, and production equipment.
- Assist Shift Lead by coordinating work flow/information between shifts, QC, and logistics.
- Request from the Production Coordinator non-chemical products to include operating supplies, safety supplies, labels, and office supplies.
- Other duties as assigned by Shift Lead or Plant Manager.
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to identify and manage process improvement.
- Must demonstrate the following skills: communication, multitasking, high level of attention to detail, and thrive in a team environment.
- Mechanical abilities and aptitude combined with the following physical requirements: lift 100lbs, push 750lbs on drum cart, use manual pallet jack with 4,000lb pallet, wear respirator and other PPE.
- Willing to work overtime when needed.