General & Administrative
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer EOE/M/F/Disability/Vet. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
2018 SUMMER INTERNSHIP PROGRAM: TISSUE ENGINEERING
Currently seeking students for our 20 18 Internship Program located in Virginia Beach , VA .
The LifeNet Health Summer Internship Program for 201 8 is open to all current students currently enrolled in a bachelor's degree or post-bachelor's degree program at an accredited university. Our program combines mentor relationships, active learning, project work, and leadership development opportunities in an eleven week experience. Internship program dates for 201 8 are Wednesda y, May 30 through Wednesday , August 15. This is a full-time internship program, 40 hours per week.
The LifeNet Health mission is simple: Saving Lives. Restoring Health. Giving Hope. Our mission, along with our core values of safety, quality, innovation and service continue to create an unmatched record in transplant solutions, which cannot be achieved without talented, dedicated team members who share the same values and attributes that guide the LifeNet Health team every day. Our interns play a valuable part on that team, and we are proud to offer a great experience, aligned with our mission, for each intern.
If you have a commitment to customer care, quality and innovation as well as integrity and passion, then you've come to the right place for your summer internship—read on for more details.
TISSUE ENGINEERING INTERNSHIP:
Intern will assist with gathering SolidWorks files from sources. Take latest drawing revision and compare the most recent model. Review to make sure there are not outstanding CAPS's or CCO's. Update the model to accurately reflect drawing. Place model in controlled PDM directory and add tolerance, notes, etc. as needed. Training will involve primers in the following: SolidWorks modelling, PDM system navigation, reading and understanding engineering prints (GD&T).
- Enrolled in a Bachelor or Master Degree program in Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering . Must have completed sophomore year of undergrad or higher.
- Completion of a drafting or metrology course is required.
- Experience with some CAD (Autodesk, Pro-E/PTC, BRL-CAD, Blender, SolidEdge , LibreCAD ) required.
- Ability to read and understand prints. SolidWorks experience is a plus.
- Highly organized and detail oriented .
WHAT YOU'LL EARN:
LifeNet Health's internship program is a paid pro gram with an hourly rate of $11/hour for undergraduate students and $15/hour for graduate students . Relocation and/or housing will NOT be provided for this program.
HOW WE'LL MEASURE YOUR SUCCESS:
At LifeNet Health, we all perform tasks critical to our mission, and it is no different for our interns. Each intern will be assigned to a project and your success in our program will be measured on the completion of this project and your completed final project presentation as delivered to our leaders. You will also be given the opportunity to participate in development opportunities (and your participation will be part of your program-ending evaluation.)
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- You will be a strong communicator: in every format, in every interaction, you are not just effective—you are positive.
- You have integrity, and it shows in your personal accountability, respect, and follow through on commitments.
- You are a problem solver with a demonstrated ability to anticipate and critically think through problems.
- You are results driven and understand the importance of responsiveness and flexibility to meeting expectations and deadlines.
- Our interns are dependable with a high level of commitment to attendance. You are on time and ready, every time.
- Top candidates will be able to demonstrate project management skills that will allow you to complete your assigned project on time.
We hope that you recognize yourself in this description—and recognize in us a great place to spend a summer learning and contributing to the health of the world around you. If you do—apply today!