We are an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.Requisition ID
Recently debuting at #57 on Fortune magazine’s list of the 100 Fastest-Growing Companies in the world, Martin Marietta, a member of the S&P 500 Index, employs more than 8,500 employees at operations spanning 26 states, Canada and the Bahamas. A leading supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials, dedicated teams at Martin Marietta supply the resources for the roads, sidewalks and foundations on which we live.
At Martin Marietta, we are always looking for the best and the brightest, for people who have the potential to be the Company's future leaders. We are building on our foundation of success by selecting the finest people and helping them realize their potential. When you decide to build your career at Martin Marietta, you'll know what it's like to be respected, challenged and rewarded.Yard Loader Position
Responsible for safely and efficiently operating a Yard Loader. Daily pre and post inspection of working area safely maintaining work areas with adequate berms and roadways. Follow correct loading practices. Safe work around conveyors and surge piles at all times. Maintain safe working speeds and promote leadership of truck drivers. Assist in maintenance of loader and preforming daily preventative maintenance on loader. Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor; participate in safety inspections and plant safety program.Responsibilities:
- Prioritizes SAFETY, then QUALITY, followed by PRODUCTION.
- Will take an active role in the plant safety initiatives.
- Ensures a safe work environment for self and others at all times.
- Performs daily preventative maintenance - tire pressure, oil, grease, diesel fuel, hoses for leaks and all moving parts for proper function
- Assist with training of co-workers as needed
- Daily Pre and Post Inspections of work area
- Safe Loading and dumping operations around conveyors and surge piles
- Maintain Adequate roadways
- Proper quality control for product stockpiles
- Maintain safe traffic flow on yard
- Participates in other tasks required by supervisor
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent experience required
- Must be safety conscious, dependable, motivated and possess a positive attitude in working with others as a team
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen, physical and background check
- Must be able to use hand tools and grease gun to perform all phases of loader maintenance.
- Six months of experience in operation and maintenance of a front end loader.
- Maintain leadership in Yard Operations
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have hand-eye coordination and vision to safely operate mobile equipment
- Must be able to perform duties in a safe manner. This job requires the ability to wear a hard hat, safety glasses, steel-toed boots and hearing protection
- Able to work outdoors in varying weather conditions
- Able to lift 75 pounds
- Willing and able to use shovel when required
- Willing to work overtime and weekends as needed
- Able to work from elevated platforms
- Must be able to pass pre-employment physical/drug/alcohol test
- Effective coordination and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Understand team based management
- Mechanical knowledge
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Prescription Drug
- Health Care Reimbursement Account
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Account
- Wellness Programs
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- 401(k) with Company matching
- Sickness and Accident – Short-Term Disability
- Optional Long-Term Disability
- Employee Life Insurance
- Spouse & Dependent Life Insurance
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Direct Deposit Payroll
- Educational/Tuition Assistance Plan
- College Scholarship Program – for dependent children
- Matching Gift Program
- New Auto Purchase Discount Plans