Park Place Technologies
Park Place Technologies is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.
Logistics : Marlborough, MassachusettsDescription
Responsible for analysis and active management of inventory at PPT sites including warehouses, 3PLs, FSLs and storage lockers supporting Lean concepts and life cycle management. This means that product activity is monitored and part stocking is planned against min/max quantities determined by ongoing usage analysis. Manage the ongoing business system reconciliations, site audits, inbound process and issues relating to 3PLs for both domestic and international sites. Work with Finance to determine monthly LOCOM requirements. Continuously improve the inventory allocation and reallocation process utilizing Lean methodology. Support the ongoing Asset Acquisition process to facilitate the lowest cost model of parts procurement.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Liaison with Inventory Control Specialist to determine safety stock levels as applicable
- Identify what items should be maintained in stock vs. non-stock
- Liaison with IT to construct / populate data templates for implementation and maintain current data.
- Provide analytical support for business development, efficiency, and growth within Materials Management
- Integrate data from multiple sources into a single dataset for analysis, reporting, and decision making
- Develop operational (e.g. storage, freight, courier, etc.) reports to support cost reduction and optimization initiatives
- Administration of bench marking, productivity, expense control and utilization analysis
- Assist with the identification of core processes for standardization to enhance efficiency
- Coordinate the modification of standard operating procedures
- Assists with budgeting for capital and operating expenses
- Ad-hoc analysis as requested by Supply Chain Management team
- Identify and Monitor cost savings and optimized inventory placement, levels, volumes
- Owns inventory support and works closely with financial analyst to review of inventory transactions and assure accuracy, direct material purchase order corrections, inventory write-downs and reconciliation of field inventories. Includes assuring/assigning the proper classification and accounting treatment of various materials costs.
- Participate in all aspects involved in the physical inventory count each year as required by the company's outside accounting firm. Plan, prepare and document the process with the VPs of Operations and Field through the reconciliation and posting of any adjustments.
- Responsible for Supply Chain Management monthly reporting process including Operational Results and Analysis.
- Work with Procurement to develop total landed cost models for parts being delivered to international sites.
- Work with Procurement and Inventory Control to lead development and integration of EDI needs with both suppliers and 3PLs.
- Assist in the development of geographic stocking strategies to optimize delivery and reduce cost.
Miscellaneous analysis, ad hoc tasks and projects as requested.
Other duties as assigned.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)Education
Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience.