Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/DisabledOverview:
This position sets the strategic direction and carries out all procurement activities for the Company. Critical responsibilities include identifying and developing strategic suppliers, cultivating relationships with them to ensure long-term security of supply at optimal cost, and partnering with internal customers to ensure MLC operates at the best mix of cost, service, and reliability. This position is responsible for procurement policies and ensuring all policies are followed. The position sets short and long-term objectives for the purchasing group and ensures they align with broad Company Strategic Objectives. The position will be primarily based in the Sunset Hills Office but will spend substantial time in Ste. Genevieve, MO where the direct reports are located. Periodic travel to other locations is required as the business dictates.Qualifications:
- Four year degree in Business, Engineering, or relevant field.
- Five (5) plus years' experience in Business Operations, Purchasing, or related functions.
- Must possess proven business judgement, and must be able to push the organization to take prudent risks when appropriate.
- Negotiation and general procurement knowledge and experience is required.
- Must have experience dealing with high-functioning manufacturing operations, materials management processes and systems, and budgeting and planning processes.
- Must be able to communicate well between departments, developing a team approach to procurement execution with the entire organization.
- Must be able to get results through leading others, building a strong team, and developing and mentoring employees for advancement and growth.
- Cultivates strategic supplier relationships to ensure long-term support of corporate objectives through the procurement of key goods and services. Critical areas include solid fuel, large mobile equipment, liquid fuels, mining explosives, contracted services, large machinery and equipment and industrial repair parts.
- Directs a highly qualified group of purchasing and materials management professionals to procure the goods and services required to operate at the most cost effective level.
- Leads a purchasing program that meets corporate requirements of maintaining a high level of production by providing low cost, quality products that contribute to a safe, environmentally sound work place.
- Develops purchasing strategies, objectives, policies and procedures and ensures they are understood and implemented throughout the Company in accordance with the Corporate Mission Statement and Core Values. This includes oversight and enforcement of overall procurement policies as well as Delegation of Authority limits.
- Proactively drives the continual search for qualified suppliers in all areas to ensure Company benefits from a competitive marketplace, employs the most up to date technologies, and that costs are appropriately in-line with or better than market prices. Ensures long-standing suppliers maintain or improve quality standards and costs in line with overall market conditions.
- Provides oversight for the disposal and/or sale of surplus and obsolete assets to obtain maximum value. Ensures bio-diesel RINs credits and other EPA reporting requirements are tracked and filed appropriately and that they comply with all laws and regulations.
- Ensure Procurement is represented on all applicable management and operations teams. Communicate all pertinent information to procurement staff to ensure alignment of objectives throughout organization.
- Ensures that purchased materials and parts inventories are maintained at levels appropriate to provide optimum support to production units at the lowest total cost consistent with financial and operating objectives.
- Works with engineers, project managers, and maintenance managers to assure capital projects are completed with the appropriate equipment, on time and within budgets.