We are an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.Requisition ID
Recently debuting at #57 on Fortune magazine’s list of the 100 Fastest-Growing Companies in the world, Martin Marietta, a member of the S&P 500 Index, employs more than 8,500 employees at operations spanning 26 states, Canada and the Bahamas. A leading supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials, dedicated teams at Martin Marietta supply the resources for the roads, sidewalks and foundations on which we live.
At Martin Marietta, we are always looking for the best and the brightest, for people who have the potential to be the Company's future leaders. We are building on our foundation of success by selecting the finest people and helping them realize their potential. When you decide to build your career at Martin Marietta, you'll know what it's like to be respected, challenged and rewarded.General Summary
This entry level position is responsible for direct Ready Mix Concrete sales in a competitive market. Maintain positive relationships with all customers. Work closely with District management to ensure maximum market penetration at best possible price while energizing the market and customers to choose Martin Marietta as their supplier of choice. Provide solutions to customers in making the best selection of ready-mix materials for each construction project requiring standard or specialty designed concrete. Coordinate with Dispatch, QC, and Plant Operations to ensure customer satisfaction with their product needs. This position is in the Mid-Cenral District of Texas in the Bryan/College Station market. Primary Responsibilities
Preferred Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Available on the job-site and at the plant to coordinate customer requirements with other departments.
- Liaison between customer/production/dispatch pertaining to all customer and job site related problems.
- Strives for maximum utilization of equipment and people.
- Proactive in resolving customer disputes with regard to pricing, yield, etc.
- Estimates customer jobs pertaining to concrete needs.
- Makes and closes sales at required volumes.
- Maintains current knowledge of available/upcoming work in assigned geographic market
- Identifies new markets/customers and fosters relationships with same as well as current customer base.
- Identifies opportunities for value added selling which will benefit both the customer and Martin Marietta
- Keeps abreast of technical advancements and innovative products within the industry.
- Responsible to assist with the timely collection of customers’ aged accounts.
- Participates in annual budgeting and profit planning.
- Sound working knowledge of construction materials, including basic knowledge of customer uses of Ready Mix Concrete products preferred (i.e. pavement, housing and or commercial structures)
- Prefer a strong knowledge of material testing, QC, mix designs and inspection. ACI Certification preferred.
- Ability to quickly pickup sales concepts, negotiation and customer service skills
- Must be a team player and a self-starter
- Strong interpersonal communication skills – verbal/written to establish and maintain good working relationships with customers
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Ability to travel, including overnight as needed
- Prescription Drug
- Health Care Reimbursement Account
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Account
- Wellness Programs
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- 401(k) with Company matching
- Salary Continuation – Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability Options
- Employee Life Insurance
- Spouse & Dependent Life Insurance
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Direct Deposit Payroll
- Educational/Tuition Assistance Plan
- College Scholarship Program – for dependent children
- Matching Gift Program
- New Auto Purchase Discount Plans