DSS, Inc. is a drug and alcohol free workplace (DFWP).
DSS, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity (EOE), Affirmative Action (AA) employer that invites and encourages minorities (M), women (F), veterans (V), veterans preferred (V Preferred), LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transsexual) and individuals with disabilities (H) to apply.
We are ADEA and ADA compliant.POSITION SUMMARY:
The Database Administrator (DBA) is responsible for business critical databases that span multiple applications, platforms and environments.
The Senior Database Administrator (SDBA) is responsible for business critical databases that span multiple applications, platforms and environments.
Senior Database Administrator (DBA)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Successful candidate will perform a combination of the functions shown below, plus other duties as assigned.
- Architect and tune database data scheme, tables, store procedures, functions, triggers and permissions using Microsoft SQL Server and Azure Databases as a service
- Support the database development and production of custom applications for integration and collaboration initiatives
- Assist developers on the database design of custom applications providing recommendations and improvements
- Work with end users to collect and analyze business requirements and implement solutions
- Provide production and development support, monitoring and maintenance for assigned database systems or database applications
- Create and execute project work plans, revising as necessary to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Develop database tools and reports using PowerPivot, Powerview, SSRS, Power BI or Tableau
- Create PowerShell scripts and/or SQL queries
- Analyze/sustain capacity and performance
- Setup backups, clustering, mirroring, replication, failover and high availability
- Restore and recover corrupted databases
- Install and test upgrades/patches
- Implement security and encryption
- Integrate systems, data and other databases by using SSIS or similar
- Evaluate and recommend new database technologies
- Write documentation of every database, process and/or environment
- Analyze bottlenecks, deadlocks, expensive queries and remediate accordingly
- Familiar with third party software that complements with MS SQL
- Architect, administer, design, monitor and support MS SQL, Azure and Cache databases
The preceding functions are examples of the work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind work assignments and make a reasonable accommodation as needed. (Do not delete)
- Expert on MS SQL Server 2008-2017 and Azure databases as a service
- Knowledge of Cache database system
- Expert on SSRS, SSIS, PowerPivot, SSAS, PowerView, PowerPivot, Power BI or Tableau
- Capable of running Perfmon or SQL tools to analyze and troubleshoot SQL performance and capacity
- Expert writing and troubleshooting store procedures and triggers
- Strong knowledge of Visual Studio and TFS or VSTS
- Ability to function as a team player and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills; capable of writing proposals or papers, acting as a vendor liaison and making presentations to customers or professional peers
- Ability to develop technical specifications and interpret business requirements
- Capable of managing and working on multiple projects and tasks
- Ability to automate processes and manage priorities effectively to achieve optimal results
- Strong understanding of IIS, Active Directory and DNS
- Capable of designing and tuning databases for custom applications
- C# or similar programming language
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Data Engineering or related discipline; equivalent combinations of work experience andor education will be considered.
- Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA) required
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) preferred.
- Microsoft Certified Professional Developer (MCPD) preferred
Years of experience in a similar role:
- Ten-plus years of MS SQL Development and Administration
- Four-plus years of working with MS SQL as the backend for an enterprise application for thousands of concurrent customers
- Two-plus years of C# development
- Two-plus years of .NET development
OPEN DATE 2/21/2018
EXPERIENCE LEVEL 4-8 Years
EDUCATION LEVEL Bachelor's Degree
EXPIRE DATE 3/23/2018
DATE FIRST POSTED 2/21/2018 5:02:43 PM