Impact Specialties, has provided entrance flooring and wall protection solutions for many of America's top retailers for over 30 years. Impact Specialties partners with multi-unit retail, restaurant and hotel brands to deliver a palette of architectural product solutions that protect and enhance their brand. We achieve this through consultative design services, new product innovation and operational excellence.
Interpret product requirements from architectural drawings or written specs. [Prepare material/labor/cost quotes based upon construction documents (plans), specifications, and internal/external customer requests. Correspond with field sales representatives, architects, contractors, and internal personnel in preparation of sales bids in an office collaborative environment. [Some duties include creating comprehensive 2D AutoCAD drawings for certain products and accounts.] Training provided; however, experience in the construction[/drafting/estimating industry, especially with regards to reading/analyzing drawings/construction documents/plans,] is helpful. Responsibilities
- Analyze blueprints and other documentation (Architectural and Interior Design construction documents/drawings, along with Specifications) to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates.
- Using contract documents (blueprints) to create proper installation/placement drawings for the installation of entrance flooring mats/grids in new construction/renovating jobs.
- Using phone or email to interact with customers and coworkers to plan takeoffs, as well as designs.
- Coordinating with sales team and account specialist/customer service team to fulfill takeoff and quote necessities.
- Use of Microsoft Excel, AutoCAD, eRapid, Outlook, and the Internet ([Salesforce], plan-rooms and bid sites, as well as to gain further information needed for project info.) are the main programs used for day-to-day duties. Qualifications
- Strong geometric mathematical background.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Proficient and literate in a Windows environment (Excel, Word).
- Problem solving skills.
- Knowledge in design basics and construction documents.
- Prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented.OUR COMPANY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER THAT DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF AN INDIVIDUAL’S RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, VETERAN’S STATUS OR ANY OTHER CHARACTERISTIC PROTECTED BY FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL LAW