Construction Specialties (CS) draws upon its almost 70 years of extensive expertise to design and manufacture custom, high-quality products that solve complex building challenges around the world.
CS is currently looking for an Estimator to support our Expansion Joint Covers (EJC) business unit.
The Estimator interprets customer product requirements from architectural drawings and verbal or written specifications. Prepares complete and informational price quotation. Corresponds with sales representatives and contractors to obtain information relative to quotations. Responsibilities
- Reviews and interprets customer product requirements from architectural drawings and verbal or written specifications. Provides specifications to Drafting Department.
- Corresponds with sales representatives, architects and contractors to obtain missing information and recommend change or substitution to improve cost, delivery or product.
- Working from drawings, bid forms and verbal or written requests, prepares complete and informational cost estimates and price quotations.
- Assists in providing details of orders received for order entry, drafting and production layout.
- Makes occasional calls to sales representatives or contractors, and arranges consultation with Engineering Department.
- Performs other related work for completion of job history and order file.
- Ensures conformance to all aspects of the ISO 14001 standard and Construction Specialties' Environmental Management System (EMS), including its environmental policy while performing job functions that may have a significant impact on the environment.Qualifications
- Associates degree in Architectural Technology or related field plus 1-2 years related (or, equivalent combination of education/experience).
- Demonstrated knowledge in reading/interpreting technical drawings/job specs.
- Knowledge of construction and fabrication methods.
- Customer service/sales experience a plus.
- Architectural drafting background or related material take-off experience helpful.
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize workload and schedule effectively.
- Communication skills necessary to work effectively with both internal and external customers including contractors, sales reps, and manufacturing personnel.
PM18OUR COMPANY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER THAT DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF AN INDIVIDUAL’S RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, VETERAN’S STATUS OR ANY OTHER CHARACTERISTIC PROTECTED BY FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL LAW