Responsible for directing, coordinating, and responding to all LEED and other Green Building Certification requests. Provides timely and accurate documentation to CS' customers enabling excellent customer service. Leverages CS' expertise in sustainability to make CS the preferred choice for our customers' green building projects. The Coordinator will track the LEED / Green Building Certification requests and monitor the closing ratio on those projects. Works with and reports to the Corporate Manager of Sustainability to meet customer's sustainable project needs. Liaises extensively with strategic business unit personnel, as needed, to understand the business case with respect to customer requests for LEED and other certification documentation. Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, including but not necessarily limited to the following:
- Regularly responds to customer's requests for LEED / Green Building documentation for all SBUs.
- Researches, analyzes, and monitors updates in the Green Building Standard markets. Maintains current knowledge base of existing and emerging regulations, standards or guidelines.
- Tracks the closing ratio on all LEED projects or other green build standards (WELL, Living Building Challenge) that an SBU bids on.
- Collects supplier sustainability information on an annual basis and disseminates information to appropriate parties and databases.
- Ensures that the documentation provided to the customer is the most current and accurate information available; updates documentation as needed to keep it current.
- Presents recommendations for updates concerning website and green certification documentation to management for approval.
- Prepares The American Institute of Architects (AIA), GBCI, and IDCEC certificates using attendance sign-up sheets, producing certificates for each attendee, and uploading the attendee's information online.
- Creates documentation that promotes products' sustainability information in a consistent format across all SBU's.
- Acts as a liaison between the sales group and other functional and operational units to ensure communication and understanding of LEED / Green Building Standards.
- Assumes additional related responsibilities as required.
- Assists in creating/maintaining product sustainability certifications and product databases.
- Assists EHS in reviewing Safety Data Sheets to ensure compliance with CS' Chemicals Policy.
- Performs other duties assigned by management Qualifications
- Associates degree in Architectural Design, Environmental Studies or Sustainability from a two-year college or university; Bachelor's degree preferred.
- LEED Green Associate, or completion within 1 year of employment.
- 1-3 years experience
- Analytical capability
- Detail oriented
- Strong interpersonal and communication skillsOUR COMPANY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER THAT DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF AN INDIVIDUAL’S RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, VETERAN’S STATUS OR ANY OTHER CHARACTERISTIC PROTECTED BY FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL LAW