Integrated DNA TechnologiesID
Scientific Research# of Openings
13 hours agoShift/Schedule
M-F 40 Hour Week (United States of America)Overview
We are looking for a highly motivated product development scientist to join IDT's R&D group. The new team member will participate in IDT's product development activities mainly in NGS and qPCR, to help create cutting edge, robust new products and assays for basic research, agricultural, and clinical applications.ResponsibilitiesPosition Specific Duties/Essential Functions (division/department/group functional differences)
Job Specific Duties/Essential Functions
- Develop novel technologies and products used for NGS and qPCR
- Design and execute product development studies including feasibility, optimization and testing
- Participate in the development of applications and protocols
- Accomplishes individual goals and collaborates with other team members to meet pre-determined project deadlines
- Applies knowledge of basic science and employs solid laboratory skills to execute bench experiments using variety of molecular biology, cell biology, biochemical and general laboratory techniques as directed.
- Plans experimental details required for execution of assigned work under minimal to moderate oversight.
- Analyzes raw data, reports results and plans the next steps.
- Utilizes mathematical, graphical, imaging, nucleic acid analysis, and other software aids as needed.
- Operates and maintains laboratory equipment.
- Maintains accurate and detailed records of experimental work.
- Assists in the preparation of technical reports for internal use.
- Assists in filing invention disclosures and writing manuscripts for publication.
- Interacts with and assists other members of the R&D team as needed to meet research objectives.
- Interacts with internal departments and IDT customers to assist with customer service/technical support and to advance collaborative research projects as directed.
- Presents information at group meetings as directed.
- Leads or participates in the maintenance of laboratory and equipment
- Represents IDT at scientific conference and trade shows, assists in preparing and presenting scientific posters.
- Demonstrates behavior consistent with the Integrated DNA Technologies Core Values.
- Performs other duties as assigned.