About the Job
Magoosh is seeking a Brand Content Marketing Manager to help us achieve our mission of leveling the education playing field. We’ve turned test prep from a necessary evil into an enjoyable experience at an affordable price, and we need YOU to make sure the entire world knows it!
In this position, you’ll play a key role in bringing our stories and the stories of our students to life. You’ll balance big-picture vision with meticulous attention to detail; and a keen intuition for the next trending topics with analytical rigor. You’ll execute strategic brand awareness campaigns, and create content that begs to be shared by the public and covered by the media. You’ll help us achieve our long-term goal of making sure that Magoosh is one of the most recognized names in online education.
This role will initially be an individual contributor on the Content Marketing team reporting to the Senior Manager of Content Marketing, with the potential to become a people management role.
This is a full-time, in-office position working out of the Magoosh office in Berkeley, CA. The salary range is between $110-128K depending on experience. You must be authorized to work in the US.
In this position, you will…
- Strategize and execute brand content campaigns that integrate across multiple channels (organic, social, paid, video) and build Magoosh’s reputation as:
- a premier expert on standardized tests and admissions
- a wise, trusted, and compassionate guide for any individual looking to better their education or career
- a thought leader in the education space
- Engage relevant audiences with wow-inducing, thought-provoking, and highly shareable content
- Work closely with our content marketing team (including our in-house video producer and team of remote writers and editors), our paid acquisition manager, and our leadership team to reach a variety of company-wide goals.
- Hire and manage agencies and contractors (PR, brand, creative, SEO, developers) as needed.
- Approach campaigns with a data-driven mindset, using internal and external data, experimentation frameworks, and A/B testing to help define our approach to brand content
- Evaluate and nurture relationships with media outlets and potential influencers or partner organizations to improve the visibility of the Magoosh brand.
- Create content that is on-brand, consistent in style and quality, and optimized for search engines, audience experience, and social platforms.
- Stay up-to-date on trends in social media, student life, and popular culture; create timely content that is high in demand; and move quickly to respond to newsworthy moments.
- Help out the marketing team in any areas needed (we’re a small startup, after all!)
$110,000 - $128,000 depending on experience
You have many of the following…
- At least 4-6 years of experience in brand marketing, content marketing, or PR (bonus for all of the above!)
- Exceptionally strong storytelling, writing, and editorial skills and an endlessly creative mind
- Excellent understanding of SEO strategies
- Deep knowledge of at least 3 social media channels (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Medium, LinkedIn, Snapchat) and experience with running social media campaigns
- A track record of using data to drive success, and experience using Google Analytics and A/B testing
- Experience managing agencies in-house, or experience working on the agency-side
- Outstanding organizational, project management skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to build and manage effective cross-functional relationships
- Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple projects and move quickly on promising opportunities
- Knowledge of WordPress, HTML, and CSS
- A passion for making a difference and leveling the education playing field
Extra credit if you have…
- Experience in the education space, particularly in test prep or admissions
- Experience in journalism or significant media connections
- Experience with managing at least one direct report, and interest in growing a team
Note: Please feel comfortable applying, even you don’t meet all the requirements for the position.
To learn more about our hiring process, check out our blog post.
Want to know more about employee perks? Visit out our benefits and perks doc.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.