Location: Broomfield, CO USA
Duration: Full-time Regular
Department: Construction & Engineering
# of Openings: 2
Req #: 2290Description
As a Senior Structural / Bridge Engineer in our Technical Services Group (TSG) you will have the opportunity to provide technical leadership, oversight and interdisciplinary coordination on complex transportation infrastructure projects. You would work on Alternative Delivery Method (e.g. PPP, Design-Build) projects throughout the US and Canada. TSG is Flatiron's Center of Technical Excellence and Design Expertise located in Broomfield, CO. As a TSG team member, you will provide innovative, optimized technical & value engineering solutions for Design & Construction challenges. You will contribute through all phases of project delivery, from conceptual design through final construction. Responsibilities include:Responsibilities
- Lead as the overall supervisor of technical operations. This includes, but is not limited to: oversight on all bridge/structures permanent works design, schedule and budget performance, quality of engineering solutions and deliverables, and coordination of design throughout procurement and construction;
- Provide project engineering duties, including but not limited to: preparation of design criteria and basis, and performing specialized engineering, analysis and design;
- Perform interdisciplinary peer-/constructability review of design deliverables for optimization, compliance with contract documents, and identification and implementation new technologies that provide a competitive advantage;
- Lead technical meetings and discussions, and strategize solutions to complex or unique Design & Construction challenges;
- Assist senior management team in on technical risk assessment and mitigation;
- Provide engineering decisions within the criteria set by applicable policies, standards and contract commitments for each project;
- Support design coordination and liaisons with Clients and Subcontractors; interface with specialized consultants.
- Mentor junior staff in technical and professional development.
- Masters Degree (or higher) in Structural Engineering or a related field from an accredited institution and 15 or more years related experience
- 15 or more years of progressive engineering experience, possessing a broad knowledge and hands-on experience in design/construction, and strong technical skills in bridge/structural design with an emphasis on design-build delivery methods;
- Active Professional Engineer (PE) license is required;
- Experience with the design of multiple bridge types in concrete and steel, and knowledge of staged-construction analysis, and strong understanding of related engineering field (foundations, walls, ground improvement, drainage etc.);
- Strong all-around theoretical knowledge of structural engineering principles;
- Substantial analytical, numerical and industry design standards experience;
- Solid understanding of constructability and construction practices;
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills.
Some of the benefits you can expect as a Flatiron employee are:
- Comprehensive compensation package and paid time off program
- Industry leading 401(k)/RRSP
- Medical/Extended Health Care, Dental, Vison and/or Provincial Medical
- Wellness benefits & Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
Flatiron is an EEO/AA/ADA/Veterans employer.