Hawthorne CAT is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran Status Hawthorne CAT participates in E-VerifyHawthorne CatJob ID
Regular Full-TimeOverview POSITION SUMMARY:
Under the general direction of the General Manager-Ag & Turf, this position is responsible for selling new and used Toro, Club Car and other Allied prime products and work tools to customers. Identifies new prospects, develops strong client relationships, completes contracts, and actively involved in the marketing of product lines in territory consisting of Oahu, Kauai, Maui and Big Island. Responsibilities ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Qualifications EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Attracts potential customers by studying competition, building relationships, obtaining referrals & following up on leads, organizing special marketing events and recommending pricing.
- Identifies potential customers by visiting prospects; identifying needs; assessing interests; explaining the product and options; updating customer database in Sales Link.
- Sells products by establishing contact and developing relationships with prospects, recommending solutions & sharing product knowledge.
- Completes sales and purchasing agreements by writing specifications, pricing changes; following up on loan application and required paperwork; ensuring customers are invoiced and payments received.
- Prepares professional sales presentations and quotations for customers.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with clients by providing support, information, and guidance; researching and recommending new opportunities; recommending profit and service improvements.
- Provides quality customer service by upholding the company's vision & standards.
- Maintains professional knowledge by attending training classes, reviewing professional publications, establishing professional networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Full knowledge and utilization of Sales Link; prepare reports, update records.
- All other duties as assigned by management.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent with a minimum of two (2) years industry experience and product specific sales experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must display expertise in business development and utilizing sales control systems.
- Minimum 2 years experience selling, renting, material handling or similar equipment sales/rental experience.
- Must have excellent communication skills and proper business etiquette.
- Must have good working knowledge of MS Office programs.
- Must have a valid Driver's License and safe driving record.
- Must be able to travel.
Applicants may be required to pass a written and/or oral examination before being considered for employment in this position. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Walking: Moves about on foot often through uneven terrain, up and down stairs.
- Handling: Seizes objects, works with hands.
- Lifting: Raises or lowers miscellaneous equipment parts, tools, paperwork; up to 60 lbs.
- Reaching: Extends hands and arms in any direction.
- Stooping: Bends body downward and forward by bending at knees or waist.
- Climbing: In and out of equipment.
- Standing: Remains in standing position, if required to perform various functions of the job.
- Vision: Reads spec sheets, invoices, parts books & service manuals, and reports on the computer.
- Talking: Communicates by phone and in person.
- Sitting: Sits at desk and in vehicle for extended periods.
- Crawling: Crawls in, around and under equipment.
- Noise: Works in conditions with constant or intermittent noise.
- Temp/Weather: Works in both an office and outdoor environment.
Reasonable accommodations for essential functions of the position will be considered. Hawthorne Cat® is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/V/DHawthorne Cat® Participates in E-Verify.