Service and RepairLocation:
Perfection (a SunSource Company) specializes in the repair of all different kinds of hydraulic and electronic components. Since 1979, we have provided superior service to domestic and international manufacturers from every industry imaginable.
The growth and success of Perfection is due to the partnership that forms between our customers and employees, and at the core is trust. We understand the importance of the equipment we service. We currently have various opportunities for a Machinist
for our service center located in Batavia, IL.
The machinist is responsible for manually machining metallic and non-metallic parts according to specifications. Specifically you will be responsible for:
- Sets up and operates manual lathes and manual milling machines to machine metallic and nonmetallic parts according to specifications
- Manufactures new machined parts per sample
- Inspects and measures damaged hydraulic parts in order to duplicate the part
- Modifies parts to adapt piece to new applications or seal dimensions
- Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the company's discretion
The qualified individual will have the following skills and experience:
If you meet these qualifications and are interested in making a positive change in your career, then we want to hear from you!
- Possession of high school diploma or equivalent (GED). Tool and die or lathe work experience preferred
- Knowledge of machine shop theory and procedures, shop mathematics, machinability of materials, and layout techniques
- Ability to use calipers, micrometers and other precision measuring instruments
- Thorough understanding of speed rates, speed feeds and depth of cuts
- Ability to service or maintain machinery as necessary
- Ability to single point thread on manual engine lathe
- Ability to check pitch diameter of screw thread using three wire method
- Understanding of hydraulics, read blue prints and weld is preferred
- Regularly required to stand, sit, bend and lift up to 50 lbs
You will be rewarded with an industry-competitive compensation plan and excellent company benefits and training.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.WE PARTICIPATE IN E-VERIFY PROGRAM
Keywords: Machinist, Mechanic, Machine Shop, Service & Repair, Hydraulics, Hydraulic Certification