Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: pull and pack sales orders, train shipping & receiving personnel, transfer tickets, prepare each order for shipping, receive vendor shipments, maintain an accurate inventory, maintain a flexible work schedule to allow for required overtime work before and after regularly scheduled hours, also, responsible for maintaining a clean work area all aspects of the Shipping & Receiving Department.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Receive and process all incoming materials, including, but not limited to, raw materials, finished goods, and supplies for both quantity and quality accuracy.
- Place all incoming materials into specific designated locations.
- Pick and stage all customer orders, for both pick-up and delivery.
- Obtain signatures on all pick-ups.
- Transfer finished products, raw materials, tools, or equipment between storage and work areas of plants and warehouses, by hand or using hand trucks or powered lift trucks.
- Able to read and understand orders.
- Able to count accurately.
- Examine products to verify conformance to quality standards.
- Lift raw materials, finished products, and packed items, manually or using hoists.
- Count finished products to determine if product orders are complete.
- Mark or tag identification on parts.
- Must be able use the scale and record weights.
- Clean work areas.
- Able to use shrink wrap machine
- Pack and store materials and products.
- Tie products in bundles for further processing or shipment, following prescribed procedures.
- Pack multiply boxes on skid.
- Measure amounts of products, lengths of extruded articles, to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Read gauges and charts, and record data obtained
- Box product parts during processing.
- Clean work areas, equipment, vehicles, and products.
Wear many hats and may be asked to assist with other areas in the shop/office/warehouse.