McWane DuctileRequisition ID
Overview McWane is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all employment practices. McWane will not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran or service member status, marital status, citizenship status or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. Summary:
Manage and develop the sales team for McWane Poles. Provide support to the sales force and customers. Lead, direct and monitor the activities of the sales team to achieve sales and profit growth. It is a self-managed position requiring an entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to focus efforts on the areas with the greatest sales potential and produce measurable results.
Responsibilities Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include those listed below for McWane Poles sales department. Other duties may be assigned.
- Promotes McWane Pole business at every opportunity.
- Recognizes opportunities and pursue those opportunities and convert to revenue/margin growth with little direction.
- Provides support and training to our sales force and customers, including seminars, trade shows, training sessions, and one on one discussion.
- Guides and trains sales team in the proper techniques for promoting and selling McWane Poles.
- Provides monthly and yearly reporting on key performance indicators.
- Promotes product differentiation to our customers to protect and grow our market niche.
- Coordinates and manages customer project needs and expectations.
- Builds relationships with third-party manufacturers reps, reviews performance every six months, and facilitates change as necessary.
- Meets with key clients, assisting sales representative with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
- Identifies new product/service opportunities.
- Provides input and actively assist manufacturing and management to innovate product design and to help formulate market strategy.
- Develops key account business development plans.
- Assist in the strategic planning and implementation.
- Provide guidance on utilizing Zoho CRM and other technology tools and create an environment for effective usage
- Provides pricing guidance to Regional Sales Managers.
- Grows sales from current level to full market penetration.
- Seeks and communicates opportunities to improve product and processes.
- Develops and manages sales/marketing operating budgets.
- Plans and oversees advertising and promotion activities.
- Conducts market research and adjusts marketing strategy to meet changing market conditions.
- Monitors competitor products, sales and marketing activities.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners.
- Guides preparation of marketing activity reports and presents to executive management.
- Maintains consistent corporate brand throughout all products, promotional materials, and events.
- Directs sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly.
- Directs staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales and marketing programs.
- Directs market channel development activity and organizes sales territories, quotas, and goals.
- Leads company presence at national and regional trade shows.
- Analyzes and controls expenditures of division to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Observes and enforces safe practices and complies with Company policies.
- Has strong written and oral communication and facilitation skills.
- Motivates, organizes and encourages teamwork within the department to ensure set productivity targets are met.
- Keeps Managing Director and other key managers informed of important matters.
include the information that will be used to evaluate effective performance.
- Revenue and growth.
- Profit margin.
- Performance of manufacturers' reps.
- Number of customer development meetings.
- New product or product improvement ideas.
Directly supervises Regional Sales Managers located throughout the United States. Carries out managerial and supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company's policies, practices and procedures. Responsibilities include planning and directing work; interviewing, hiring, rewarding and disciplining employees; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Diversity – Values diversity and individual differences; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a harassment-free environment.
Interpersonal Skills – Treats others with courtesy and respect regardless of their status or position; focuses on solving conflict, not blaming others; listens to others without interrupting; balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; builds positive work relationships; fosters commitment, spirit, pride, and trust; facilitates cooperation to accomplish goals.
Judgment – Makes decisions based on sound and accurate judgment; perceives the impact and implications of decisions; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process. Makes timely decisions.
Professionalism - Inspires the trust of others; behaves in an honest, fair and ethical manner; shows consistency in words and actions; models high standards of ethics; maintains confidentiality; reacts well under pressure; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
Organizational Support – Follows required policies, procedures and processes; complies with Company policies, procedures and processes; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values.
Safety and Security - Observes and enforces safety and security codes, policies and procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports and addresses potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
Planning/Organizing - Determines goals, objectives and priorities; plans work activities; plans for additional resources; organizes tasks; develops realistic action plans; uses time efficiently; adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
Problem Solving – Reads, analyzes and interprets information skillfully; defines problems, weighs relevance and accuracy of information; collects data, establishes facts and draws valid conclusions; develops and evaluates alternative solutions; makes sound decisions; resolves problems; uses logic even when dealing with emotional topics.
Project Management - Plans, develops and coordinates projects; communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time and budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources.
Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness and attention to detail; applies feedback to improve performance.
Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others; makes effective use of technology to achieve results.
Written Communication - Reads and interpret written information; prepares reports, correspondence, procedures and other required documentation writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; presents numerical data effectively.
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively; listens effectively; obtains clarification; conveys information and ideas concisely; participates in meetings; demonstrates group presentation skills. Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative, but not all inclusive, of the knowledge, skills and or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Education and/or Experience:
- Business or equivalent Degree (desired)
- Sales management experience
- 10 plus years of Utility sales/marketing experience
- Technical knowledge of electrical utilities, distribution and/or transmission systems, and utility pole products. (Essential)
Proficient with Microsoft Windows, Office programs and applications such as word processing, email, database management and spreadsheets. Language Skills:
Demonstrated in-depth sales and marketing techniques. Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as plant rules, safety rules, Company policies, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively, present information clearly and respond to questions from groups, customers or employees of the organization. Mathematical Skills:
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to computes rate, ratio and percent and draw and interpret bar graphs. Reasoning Ability:
Demonstrated ability to anticipate and solve practical problems or resolve issues.
Ability to anticipate and define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and resolve issues. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions furnished in written, oral, mathematical, diagram or schedule form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
none Physical Demands:
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands, to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, bend, crouch or crawl, and taste or smell. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Highly variable business environment. Success in different territories (regions of US) and customers (utilities, engineering firms, industrial) can require significantly different approaches and techniques.
- Work independently
- Heavy travel requirements, generally about 75% (may occasionally involve extended trips which include weekends).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently in a vehicle or office environment. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, extreme heat/cold, wet and/or humid conditions, toxic or caustic chemicals, vibration and high noise level. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
McWane is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all employment practices. McWane will not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran or service member status, marital status, citizenship status (In IL - sex, including same sex, ancestry, order of protection status, physical or mental disability, military status, pregnancy, unfavorable discharge status, genetic information), (In IA - gender identity), (In CA - gender identity or expression, and genetic information) or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. If you would like more information on your EEO rights under the law please click here