Sev1tech is an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or any other legally protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.Department:
HHS Health and Human ServicesLocation:
Provide management oversight and technical direction in a structured, ITIL-based 24/7/365 NOC/SOC environment to technical engineers and operational staff providing solutions engineering, server administration (UNIX/Linux/Windows), database administration (Oracle/MS SQL/MySQL), backup administration (CommVault), storage administration (NetApp), Cloud Services (VMware, AWS, Azure, Oracle) and various managed hosting application tools in support of numerous government and commercial customers.
In addition, the individual will be interfacing directly with all federal customer to determine/coordinate support needs/requirements and ensure the staff is complying with contract policies and procedures.Location:
Woodbridge Headquarters NOC environmentHours:
Monday - Friday during core business hours though *Flexible for weekends and/or evenings as needed by clientClearance:
Must be a U.S. Citizen able to obtain a government clearanceCertifications:
Job Roles and Responsibilities
- ?ITILv3 required
- PMP a plus
- AWS/Azure/Oracle certifications desired
Specifically, the Operations Manager will be responsible for the following action items:
Education, Skills, and Experience Requirements
- Motivating staff to perform in a highly effective way
- Identifying performance problems (both technical and personnel related) and making recommendations on how to correct them.
- Managing scope of work assigned to the staff
- Writing, reviewing and maintaining documentation regarding processes and procedures as well as for new and existing technical projects
- Providing escalation support for junior staff members
- Ensuring staff comply with contract processes and procedures
- Leading/supporting a highly technical staff
- Providing direction to other managers and/or Team Leads to meet client's needs
- Tracking and measuring staff performance
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, which will be key in driving customer communication during critical operational events
- Mentoring/teaching junior staff and Team Leads.
- Working with Task/Team Leads and the customer to implement ITIL-based Best Practices for the enterprise services operations processes which fall within the scope of the contracts.
- Managing and supporting escalation of issues between support vendors and customer teams.
- Providing counselling to staff on areas needing improvement/correction and initiating disciplinary actions as needed.
- Ensuring projects and associated tasks are properly supported, planned and integrated with the overall work load.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information System or Information Technology or relevant field and 7-9 yrs proven track record of IT operations management:
- Deep experience with cloud service offerings and cloud (AWS/Azure/Oracle)
- Proven experience application migrations
- Federal contracting IA experience required
- Strong Business Writing and Editing
- Be able to multi-task in a tight deadline mission critical environment
- Able to converse effectively both orally and in writing up and down the chains of command
- Innovative and efficient problem-solving skills with a strong work ethic
- Ability to coach/mentor and to include difficult messages
- Ability to work in a team environment and create positive working environments
- Ability to handle dynamic/complex work environments with diverse clients
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, SharePoint, and PPT)
Sev1tech Inc., a small business prime contractor based in Woodbridge VA, provides program management, Information Technology, and engineering support services to both federal and commercial clients nationwide.
In addition to providing employees with competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, Sev1tech also provides the following perks:
- Automatic 5% vesting into each employees 401K (no match required)
- Tuition reimbursement and paid certifications
- Paid Volunteer Days
- 3 weeks Paid Time Off
- Referral bonuses for hired referrers
- Eligibility to participate in our Progressive Quarterly Employee Bonus Incentive Program
Come join the team that's won 2ndplace nationwide in ComputerWorld's Best Small IT Companies to Work for 3 years in a row.
Sev1tech is an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or any other legally protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most