The Economist Group
The Economist Group values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, colour, religious beliefs, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or age. The Economist Group requests priority referrals of Protected Veterans for this job opening, and all other externally posted company employment opportunities.ID
Washington's CQ Roll Call
brings up-to-date news, analysis and insights to senior decision-makers on Capitol Hill. This trusted source of unbiased, impartial information provides authoritative, nonpartisan and accurate congressional news and legislative tracking tools to its subscribers. Through more than 40 print and online products, CQ Roll Call keeps readers updated on a weekly, daily and real-time basis covering every legislative action in Congress with breaking news, bill tracking, and member profiles and offers insight on the people and institutions that influence public policy and legislation.
CQ Roll Call is made up of two sister companies, CQ and Roll Call. CQ builds software for government relations professionals. Our market-leading tools include legislative and regulatory tracking, news and analysis, grassroots and grasstops advocacy, advocate and donor acquisition, and consultative services.
Along Roll Call, CQ has been connecting people to their government since 1945. Among the clients who rely on our tools are trade associations, nonprofits, law and lobbying firms, the U.S. Senate, House of Representatives, Supreme Court and nearly every government agency.
CQ Roll Call's parent, The Economist Group, is the leading source of analysis on international business and world affairs. The brands are bound together by their objective opinion, original insight and advocacy of economic, political and democratic freedom around the world.
Currently, CQ is seeking a Digital Marketing Manager.
The Digital Marketing Manager will own our B2B email marketing campaigns. These will include automated acquisition and nurture campaigns delivered through Marketo as well as other emails. The successful candidate will manage our Marketo instance and its integration with Salesforce and other systems.Accountabilities In the role you would be expected to:
Experience, skills and professional attributes To succed in the role you must have:
- Manage Marketo instance, including the full architecture of assets and campaigns
- Create and maintain Marketo campaigns, emails, and landing pages
- Create, maintain, and continuously improve digital marketing campaigns to acquire new leads and nurture them to MQL
- Create, maintain, and continuously improve digital marketing campaigns to retain current customers
- Report on the performance and ROI of emails, landing pages, acquisition and nurture campaigns, and marketing channels
- Create and update Salesforce reports and dashboards demonstrating Marketing's performance
- Write and edit copy as needed
- 5+ years of digital B2B marketing experience (Marketo Certified Experts strongly preferred)
- Extensive experience managing all aspects of a comprehensive marketing automation program (lead scoring, email marketing, segmentation, A/B testing, lead lifecycle management, database management, personalization, syncing to CRM, reporting & analytics)
- Extensive experience devising, building, and tracking scalable multi-channel marketing campaigns
- Experience tying marketing efforts to revenue
- Extensive experience in Salesforce
- Experience writing copy for emails and landing pages
- Fluent in marketing and sales funnels
- Experience working directly with sales teams on lead handoff
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent project management skills
- A proactive, problem-solving approach to marketing
To succeed in the role you will be able to demonstrate:
- Power user of Excel
- Experience in writing middle- and bottom-of-the-funnel content for print and digital
- Experience creating Marketo templates for landing pages and/or emails
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Successful acquisition and nurture campaigns that resulted in high-quality MQLs which converted to sales
- A deep understanding of what drives user behavior to enter a marketing funnel and what separates someone at the top, middle, and bottom of the funnel
- Strong conversion metrics on previous campaigns
- Creative approaches to digital marketing, including planning and executing large-scale, multi-touch campaigns
If this role matches your skills, experience and motivations then please submit your CV with a covering note identifying why you feel you would be a great addition to the team along with your salary expectations.
In return, we provide a supportive and progressive environment with a wide range of opportunities for you to grow both personally and professionally.