Hawthorne CAT is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran Status Hawthorne CAT participates in E-VerifyHawthorne CatJob ID
Without supervision, will perform duties as assigned by management in the repair, maintenance and/or rebuilding of electrical equipment in the service shop or field, in a safe, efficient and capable manner in the least amount of labor hours possible, and without re-work.Responsibilities
Qualifications EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Must be a state certified electrical worker.
- Be capable of troubleshooting mechanical problems in Caterpillar and allied products.
- Make warranty recommendations and prepare reports when performing warranty service jobs.
- Performs A.C. and D.C. electrical repairs.
- Attends training classes as directed and obtains passing grades in all.
- Must fully understand and implement all 70E arc flash .standards and the correct use of all related PPE.
- Will be able to recommend action to correct the failure or problem.
- Adheres strictly to all Company's safety, housekeeping, credit and other rules, policies and procedures.
- Maintains a favorable business relationship with customers, suppliers and personnel from other HPS departments.
- Is able to diagnose System and Component failures.
- Is able to uphold all safety & housekeeping standards.
- Handles Equipment Condition Reporting.
- Pertinent information such as procedures, policies, changes which is received from other employees, customers or factory reps will be passed on to management personnel if deemed appropriate.
- Analyze all Caterpillar and related Power Generation equipment systems and components for proper operation in arrangement application based on theory of design.
- Demonstrate proficiency in reading technical data and schematic drawings.
- Perform new and used equipment start-up for delivery to end-user.
- Conduct customer training in proper use of electrical equipment.
- Perform installation surveys and define corrective actions needed to assure proper systems functions.
- Test, calibrate, and repair field transducers for engine and generator support systems.
- Define if installed monitoring/metering equipment is appropriate for required application.
- Perform and record generator insulation tests.
- Perform resistive / reactive load testing of generators.
- Make wiring connection and power up checks on EPG installations and be able to make field adjustments and setting changes based on actual system performance including voltage regulators, governors, load and VAR sharing devices.
- Define, document and perform system level surveys and audits for engine and support systems and assure installed equipment performs as required by contract documentation.
- Must have a valid California class C driver license.
- Five years of experience in the repair and maintenance of Comm. / EPG/ Marine power generation equipment.
- Working electrical knowledge and testing capabilities.
- Basic and advanced diagnostics and troubleshooting of systems.
- High school graduate or have passed a G.E.D. test or can provide verification of all formal classroom study or hands on experience related to electrical equipment repairs.
- Furnish mechanics hand tools and sufficient test tooling to perform diagnostics on Caterpillar power gen products.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and be able to document and record site and equipment conditions, prepare written work procedures, and work scope documents. Be able to prepare final reports suitable for presentation to end user.
- Be proficient in computer skills such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, CAT ET and SIS, and be able to work with related computer programs associated with system controllers and devices.
- Walking and moving about on foot often through uneven terrain.
- Hands/arms operating equipment, hand and power tools.
- Handling: Seizes, helps or works with hands.
- Lifting: Raises or lowers miscellaneous equipment parts and tools.
- Reaching: Extends hands and arms in any direction.
- Stooping: Bends body downward and forward by bending at knees or waist.
- Standing: Remains in standing position if required for certain repair or maintenance work.
- Climbing: In and out of equipment.
- Vision: Read work tickets, parts and service books and operate heavy equipment.
- Talking: Communications by radio, phone and in person.
- Hearing: Hears well enough to discern mechanical problems for safety in and around shop and construction sites and to receive communication by radio, phone and in person.
- Sitting: Sits in equipment and vehicles.
- Lying: Lies in prone position under vehicles and equipment.
- Lifting: Up to 60 lbs. daily, frequent exertion.
- Noise: Works in conditions with constant or intermittent noise.
- Temperatures/Weather: Works outside and in shop with variations of temperature and weather.
- Exposure: Foul odors, fumes and harsh substances.
Reasonable accommodations for essential functions of the position will be considered.Hawthorne Cat® is an Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/protected veteran status.Hawthorne Cat® Participates in E-Verify.
California State Certified Electrician, C10 License, California State Certified Electrician License, Mechanical Aptitude. Keywords: Mechanic, Diesel Mechanic, Heavy Equipment, Repair, Diesel Engines, Caterpillar, CAT, Cat, Cat Dealer,